Sweet redemption chapter 11

Sweet redemption

Chapter 11

Four months later...

Daryl POV

I've moved in with Emma and Merlynn, I love waking up in bed with her. Emma is doing well no morning sickness unless she's hiding it from me and her belly is popped, I'm worried that something might happen to her when she goes into labor and she dies, I don't think I could cope if I lost her I love her. I never knew that someone could love me, but she and her daughter does.

Today Aaron, some of the others, and I are going on a mission we are running dangerously low on medical supplies, we had a bad flu outbreak a few weeks ago and several of our people died. We need more people I know we do despite what Rick says we need more we will never survive here if our numbers keep dropping.

As much as I don't want to wake Emma I know I have to she'd be worried if she woke up and I was gone. I quietly get up and shower and get dressed. I am just staring at the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. What I'm doing today is for her and the other women that are pregnant so that they will be safe. I climb onto the bed.

"Hey, beautiful." I kiss her softly on the lips.

"Hey, baby. Oh, that's today? You're going out?"

"Yeah, the hospital run we're hoping it hasn't been overrun or looted and we will bring back as much of the children's equipment as possible."

"Be safe Dar. We need you."

"I don't plan on being stupid."

"I know baby, just come back to me, babe. We need you."

"You know there's nowhere I'd rather be. But babe rest you need it. Because I guarantee you won't get much sleep tonight."

"You in the mood Dar? I don't know how you can be I'm getting so big and I have so long to go."

"Beautiful babe. I love this belly." I run a hand along the belly that is holding my child.

"Thank you, Dar. You make me feel so beautiful."

"That's because you are, too beautiful to be with a bum like me."

"A bum? Oh, you are more than a bum unless you mean a sexy bum."

"You like my bum do you?"

"Yeah, I do. I love everything about you Daryl but mostly I love you."

"I love you too Em. I'll be back."

"Don't say that Daryl. I've watched enough horror movies to know you never say I'll be back because you may not be back."

"It's not a horror movie babe, it's real life. But I promise you I will come home. Keep the home fires burning I'll be here. Now kiss me goodbye as I got to go." She reaches up and pulls me down and we kiss.

"Ok, you better go before I have my wicked way with you. Stay safe."

Sometime later...

"Okay so myself, Michonne, Aaron, and Daryl will hit the maternity level which on actually on two levels, lower floor looks like where the premature equipment is and level three for everything else. Glenn, Nicholas you two head to emergency and see what they've got grab everything we will figure out what we don't need when we get back home."

As we separate Aaron and I headed to the maternity unit and started looking for in the wards.

"Hey, Daryl?"

"What keeps it quiet."

"You know this would be you and Em in about four months."

"Not in a place like this. If she was in a place like this it wouldn't be with a man like me."