"Protect the citizens! Knuckles, Mighty, Silver with me!" Sonic called out spreading into the distance with the strongest three. Shade glared at her father's retreating back, some seemed to forget the power Shade held close to her chest. However, her anger woke a forgotten bond she had with a family member. While fighting to save her home, a pain shot through her chest sending her to her knees as Zanic blasted away Sonic and Silver like they were nothing. Zanic stalked in the direction of the downed black and red female hedgehog. Shade struggled to her feet as her mind was onslaught with what felt like memories but not her own.

Zanic smirked to himself as he looked down at the hedgehog kneeling before him, "Oh my dear, it would seem this is your end" he said as he manifested a weapon of some kind. Shade looked up in shock at the weapon, she recognised the symbol. It was a faded G.U.N symbol. She knew who this was. This wasn't Shadow or Sonic, this was…

"Zanic?" Shade said in a calm tone, Zanic looked at her with curious eyes. "That's my name, don't wear it out". Shade shook her head, "No that's your middle name" she said. Zanic looked at her with confusion, "How do you know that! Who are you!?" Zanic yelled, creating an orb. Shade could only smile, she had a theory. 

Creating a purple orb out of her powers, she threw it at the red hedgehog who gasped using a power to knock it aside only to open a portal to a parallel world. The others were in shock. Sonic had no idea what was going on. 

"You are the creation of both Maria the Hedgehog and Shadow the Hedgehog from your universe. Your father destroyed your world by letting the darkness and black arms takeover killing your mother in the process. It would seem as revenge, you have gone after any light in hope to bring the power back to revive your dying mother. You intend to use the light on killing your father's memory by taking out multiple Shadows. Due to this new information, I will not let you hurt my mother!" Shade screamed letting out a green energy sending Zanic back, the red hedgehog flew backwards crashing into a nearby tree. He was furious, he turned to hit Shade with what he called, "Dark Spear!". 

Shade frowned, hitting the ground hard from the powerful blast. She tried to use her powers only for nothing to work as Zanic created a black and white orb sending it towards Shade only for a powerful green blast to smash into it. Sending Zanic flying. 

Smoke covered the area where a pained Shade was being held up by Shadow the Hedgehog, he wore a furious look. He picked up the disregarded weapon with a grim expression. Dash stood on his otherside. 

"Hey! Get your hands off that! You murderer! You killed my mother!" Zanic yelled, he ran forward only to be caught in the air by Silver’s telekinesis. Zanic frowned looking at his floating body. Shadow frowned down at the weapon turning it over only to drop it. Pain spread through his head as someone from afar called out, it was like a memory unknown to him.

"Shadow, please. Your son is in danger! Save him from being corrupted before it's too late"

"No"

"Shadow please, don't you care about the humans, our visit to earth" 

"No"

"Shadow please! I love you"

"No, goodbye Maria" 

The memory ended with the sound of a gunshot, Shadow groaned looking back at Zanic who could only glare at him while the two eggheads were dealt with. Rouge, Amy and Knuckles having dealt with the illusion Eggman thought he was smart for. 

Taking a step forward, Shadow walked over to the red hedgehog who continued to float. 

"Silver, drop him"