Chapter 23

Three days had passed, the kingdom was on high alert. No one could pass through the shields and it was hurting many of them. Especially some who worried where their loved ones were. Mighty sighed for the fifth time in the past half an hour as he held Griffin close to his chest. The small armadillo watched Ray fly around the room and get raw materials for Tails and Sally who were on watch for anything, even the good old doctor who was missing in action. 

"Yo, Tails. Any update?" Manic asked, coming into the room. He was bored and in a pestering mood. Tails could only shake his head gesturing over to the chamber where Sonic sat opposite it with his sleeping son in his arms, Dash didn't want to be anywhere but with his parents. 

"Shadows still asleep if that's what you are after. He hasn't moved and his brain waves are neutral" Tails explained as Sonia came to join her brothers, she passed down some cookies courtesy of Vanilla while she sat beside her brothers on the floor. 

"Hey he will be okay" Sonia rubbed Sonic's arm in comfort. They were still trying to work out who this new enemy was. 

"How do you know? Everytime I think I have him safe in my arms. Something happens and he is either hurt or lost to me…" Sonic muttered, leaning into his siblings' embrace.

"Because he is obviously a fighter. You underestimate your mate, my son" Sonic was startled looking up to see Kaze had joined the four of them. Dash shifted slightly and whimpered. Sonic wasted no time in resting a hand on Dash's head calming the youngster. 

"He okay?" Manic asked, moving to Sonia's otherside allowing Kaze to sit beside Sonic and pull his oldest son close. "He won't go to sleep or want to be two feet away from me. Whatever Shadow and Dash encountered. They obviously share something that they won't tell us. I can feel the fear from both of them" Sonic explained, leaning further into his father who pulled him closer. 

"Grumpy, awake yet?" Rouge bounced into the room looking a bit more happy than normal. 

"Nope" 

"Lazy bugger. How's Omega doing?" Rouge turned her question to Sally who was currently tinkering with the robot who had shut himself down due to a virus. 

"Good, we are about to start him back up but first…"

Dash sat up with a look of pure pain in his features as he let out a scream. Sonic jumped in shock trying to help his son who continued to roll over in agony. 

"Tails! Help!" Sonic cried out as Dash started to cough up blood, the young hedgehog struggled to even breathe. 

"Nothing is coming up on the scanners!" Tails exclaimed looking at the data, Amy and Sally suddenly knelt down to the small hedgehog who continued to twitch almost like he was being drained. Dash's veins were glowing black confusing them all. 

"Dad! What's wrong with him!? I thought the black arms blood was gone" Shade asked, skidding to land beside her younger brother. "It is!" Sonic said loudly as Violet walked over in a hurry only to gasp. "He's been poisoned! I recognise the symbol on his right shoulder. A claw scar means one thing, he needs a Shinobi flower" Violet cried out, running over to the computer to look at the data. Dash was choking as his throat swelled up in pain. 

"Da…?" Dash rasped out, Sonic clung to him willing his son to hold on. 

"We haven't got anything on the particular flower!" Tails exclaimed.

"It's a good thing, I'm here" a familiar voice broke through their panic. In the doorway stood a heavy breathing Silas, the older chameleon held the flower they needed.