"Are you telling me that Espio? Gave Silver an extraordinary but rare light source and didn't even inform me!" Knuckles roared, Shadow could only nod leaving them all to listen to Knuckles grumbling about little brothers. 

"So, what's the plan now?" Rouge asked the room. Shadow only moved to get comfortable and fell into a sleep. Sonic had him wrapped up in his arms not wanting to let him go anytime soon. 

"We need to work out ways around this new enemy, there may be a chance to defeat them logically without our fists. Look for weaknesses" Sally explained, pointing at the data she had on the screen. 

"Sonic since Zanic, is you from an alternative dimension. Can you think of any weaknesses that may come in handy to use against the red hedgehog?" Tails asked, turning to his older brother who wore a very thoughtful look. 

"My dark side comes out when my family is in danger" Sonic said while pondering on his thoughts. "Anger clouds me, making me…" "terrible at judging a situation" Shadow teased as he shifted. Sonic could only rub his ears to help sleep, he decided to ignore that comment for now despite everyone smiling. 

"Think bigger," Amy spoke up. 

"Like what?" Sonic said, turning to the pink hedgehog who shrugged. 

"Dad, can't stand still so what if we trap Zanic in one spot. Will he go crazy?" Shade pointed out, Silver smiled. 

A few hours passed as they all discussed plans and techniques. Shadow had slept the entire time in Sonic's lap, he was being watched carefully by the hedgehog family and Rouge the bat. She was very worried for her best-friend. 

A shattering noise alerted them all to the outside world. Sally turned on the cameras and gasped. The shield had shattered, Shadow was wrong or so she thought. The ultimate lifeform was still asleep in Sonic's arms. 

"Oh my god! The kingdom!" Queen Alena exclaimed as the cameras showed the kingdom being attacked by what looked like eggbots. Two flying module vehicles came on the screen. Tails zoomed in and gasped at the blond young woman beside Dr Eggman.

"Sonic! Why does she look so familiar?" Knuckles questioned looking at the blond young woman. 

Sonic shifted Shadow onto the sofa while he walked over to the screen, he gasped. It couldn't be. She was identical to…it was unbelievable.

An explosion somewhere in the kingdom had the freedom fighters running out of the door with the blue speedster leading. Dash remained behind to watch over his mother who was still sleeping, Shadows chaos veins were glowing and almost fully gold but slowly building. It showed them Shadow was almost fully healed. Ray, Sally, Vanilla and the kids had remained back in the command room with the royals, Dash and Shadow. 

Sonic was in shock, Dr Eggman was sending waves of robots to terrorise the villagers. The freedom fighters found themselves splitting up, taking down many robots and disposing of them. Sonic and Silver found themselves fighting side by side to take down Eggman who was in shock at seeing the freedom fighters.

He smirked, turning to his sister who had used the disguise of one Maria Robotnik to throw off the freedom fighters. The two had a plan, to get inside the minds of the fighters and destroy them from within. Dr Eggman held his sister's arm in a tight grip while she wore a weird mind machine on her head as a fake disguise. 

"Eggman! Back to being a pest!" 

"Listen here you little rat! I am here to take over Emerald Hills. But, first and foremost, I want Shadow the Hedgehog!" Dr Eggman laughed, ordering his eggbots forward to attack the kingdom.