𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

So warm...

"Tanjiro come here." You called to him. "The rock is warm."

┌───͙⊱••✩••̩̩͙⊰•───┐

~ Ten days later ~

"FOOD! FOOD! I WANT FOOD!" Shouted Inosuke as he ran and ran towards the delicious smell of food.

You decided to take it upon yourself that these hard training demon slayers needed a small break. Needed something special, and what better way than to make food for them all.

When you still lived with your family, your mother had taught you a little survival skill involving food. Since you lived by a stream, you had grown up on eating fish. She showed you a special way of making fish and using natural herbs that were common around these areas to make the fish taste more desirable.

So you took your mother's skills and put them to use in making a bunch of food for the others. It was a strong fish smell along with campfire. It wasn't the best smell in the world, but it reminded you of home.

They all began to flood around the campfire like a bunch of hounds dying for food (which they practically were).

You handed one to each person as they thanked you and a couple even yelled out 'BLESS THIS WOMAN!', to which caused you to blush slightly.

Inosuke came over along with Zenitsu and Tanjiro. "Food... smells so good~!"

You chuckled and handed each of them a skewed fish with seasonings over it. "Knock yourselves out."

Once you handed them each of them one, Tanjiro took his gratefully and smiled your way. He came around the fire to come and sit on the oak log next to you.

He went to go and take a bit until he noticed everyone had one, but you. He stopped himself from going to eat the piping hot fish and looked your way.

"Don't you have any food?"

You hesitated to reply, knowing what he would say if you answered. So you shook your head no with the tiniest motion; shrinking back slightly with every head movement.

He narrowed his eyes down at you. Being his caring self, he held up the fish towards you. "We'll share then."

"But it's yours."

"And you're hungry."

"Tanjiro eat your food."

"I'm sharing with you."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

You huffed and rolled your eyes to yourself and finally gave in, not wanting to argue with him anymore and have a repeat of the first meeting with him in the village.

You told him to take the first bite to see how it was. It was almost like deja vu when his eyes widened at the taste. The flavors danced along with his tastebuds and he felt warm inside. The fish was the perfect texture, it felt like he ate a holy fish.