"Hey, Armin. You and I have never fought before, right?" Eren asks as he stands in front of Armin, "do you know why? It's because it's not even close to a fair fight!".

Eren grabs Armin as he starts to repeatedly punch him as Armin lands on the ground.

"Please, stop" Mikasa says as she looks at Eren.

"Like I said, if you guys tell us where Zeke and Evelyn are, there's no need for us to fight" Eren says as he looks down at Armin, "come along and behave! You too, kid who killed Sasha".

"Is that it? Is that all you came to say?" Armin asks as Mikasa kneels down to him, "that you wanted freedom just so you could hurt Mikasa? Tell me: who's the slave that bows to a bastard again?".

"Who are you calling a slave? Let's go" Eren says as he glares at Armin.

"Where?" Mikasa asks as she looks at Eren.

"To where it all started-- Shiganshina" Eren says calmly.

--- in the forest ---

"We'll give the Beast to someone else" Evelyn says as she looks down at Zeke, "we'll turn one of the Jaegerists into a titan and have them eat Zeke. I can't tell if he's manipulating Eren, but their party's over if they lose Zeke. Go tell that to Commander Pixis, do you understand?".

"You're serious, Section Commander Evelyn?" the man asks as he looks at her.

"The old man will come around once I chop Zeke's limbs off" Levi says as he and Evelyn fly off.

"Are you enjoying your book?" Evelyn asks as she and Levi land near Zeke.

"I am, for one I've read several times" Zeke says as he looks up from his books.

"You've been eavesdropping more than reading" Levi says as the two of them walk over.

"Can you blame me when I've read it this much?" Zeke asks as he looks at Levi, "by the way, is there any wine left?".

"Not a single drop left. We've been here a month" Evelyn says as she and Levi stop in front of Zeke.

"Good grief" Zeke complains, "you sure know how to torture someone".

"Just read your book" Levi says as he and Evelyn walk away.

"Roger that, boss" Zeke says as he looks back down at his book.

"I'm going to chop him up, no matter what Commander Pixis says" Levi says as he looks at Evelyn.

"I'll help you hide the body" Evelyn says with a small smile.

The two of them hear something from behind them as they both turn and see Zeke running away. All of a sudden, Zeke yells as all of the soldiers in the trees are turned into titan. Evelyn screams in pain as she falls to the ground.

"Evelyn!" Levi yells as he kneels on the ground, taking her into his arms.

"Levi, it hurts so much! Please make it stop" Evelyn says as she starts to cry.

"Shh. It's going to be okay" Levi says as they hear footsteps coming towards them.

"Levi. You have to leave. Go after Zeke. I'll be okay" Evelyn says as she looks at him.

"No, I'm not leaving you. We can run together" Levi says as he keeps an eye on the titans.

"Levi, I can't feel my body" Evelyn says as she cups his cheek, "go after Zeke. Don't let him get away. I'll be fine".

"I'm coming back for you" Levi says as he lays her down and stands up.

"I know you are" Evelyn says as she looks up at the sky.