16 》I Like Firetrucks

Start from the beginning

Minho watched the small child, shuffling around the living room with tiny steps. A naïve bubblies that had the mini human practically tripping over his stupid feet.

"So he quit. Works construction sites now. He only came around the casino to play, not to gamble," Felix hummed softly, voice falling lower in pitch as he whispered, "The person he was paying to babysit him decided they had enough and dumped the kid there at the casino when it was his break night."

"It's his?" Minho repeated one last time.

His brother's voice fell even quieter, to not be heard above the child's excitement, "The kid was his sister's. She and her husband died a year after he was born, and custody went to a distant relative. Seungmin didn't trust them with the kid, went to court, did all kinds of paper work, fought for him for a... A year and a half, I think he said. Lots of legal stuff. Lawyers. The kind Changbin wants to be."

Minho started, "I—"

A cold chill coursed it's way down his spine.

He lost his sibling.

He sent a fast glance to Felix standing beside him as a shock settled into his muscles.

I couldn't imagine how I would feel if something happened to Felix.

Though the sudden jolt of reality soon washed away.

Poopy pants...

Uh...

Eunwoo.

Eunwoo shuffled to Minho, and stared up at him.

Stupid gaze.

Minho narrowed his eyes down at the kid, "I have an unexplainable urge to go get milk."

"Don't you dare," Felix threatened beneath the upturn of a smile.

Minho kept that staring contest with the child. Settling halfway between punting the small human despite knowing his father was somewhere within a few yards radiace to where they stood and would most likely send his ass to Pluto if he decided to kick the child; And taking a genuine interest in the tiny human looking at him as if he was the reincarnation of the fabled dinosaurs which used to roam the wild. A massive argentiosaurus, extended neck reaching over forest canopies with one fell swish of his head, chewing away at the mountain tops as the child stood in wonder at the base of his elephant-like feet. Glimmer, vacant eyes that had a puzzlement for the incredibly large world dwarfing him down into a mimicry of the person his DNA replicated.

Still, did not mean for a second that Bitchin' Motherfucker Lee 'Crossaint Man' Minho was remotely fond of children. Nope. Nope. Not for a second. He hated the grubby hands with too many chip crumbs and sticky grime from between their fingertips, constant snot pouting down their faces in waterfall excretions dripping constantly down their faces, vomiting, puking, disgusting. Children were brutally honest too; Once, long ago when he worked a brief cabin leader job at a summer camp, a child said his drawing of a shark looked like a bar of soap. Never again did Minho draw. Never again did Minho prefer to be around children. Children were demons sent from hell to spread viruses and bacteria wherever their stupid hands roamed.

Including Poo— Eunwoo. Eunwoo. Including Eunwoo, with his idiot boy bowl haircut, empty gaze, private school fancy uniform, and toy truck in his hands. A lengthy, plastic toy truck that fit in his palms. He slowly extended the toy to Minho.

"What's this, bud?" Minho regretfully pinched the edges of the toy vehicle to lift it up, forcing his features to not scrunch up in a gag as he grabbed the gremlin's toy. Only now recognizing the scarlet red paint of the truck.