𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

Start from the beginning

A part of me resented my father as well, for marrying a bitch like her. She cheated on my father with whoever, whilst he was head over heels in love with her. And that was the reason why I never told my  baba what she did to me, it would ruin his perception of her. After my mother died, my father married Rose in hopes of giving me a mother figure whilst growing up, but no one could ever compare to my mama.

She was beautiful, kind and wasn't tainted by the cruel world. It's one of the reasons why my Baba fell in love with her. He grew up in a family of cold-hearted Greek businessmen but as soon as he saw my mama, he was head over heels in love with her. She brought out the good in him, and taught him how to be kind to people.

It didn't fucking last long though, she died in a car crash when I was ten. My baba was heartbroken but still tried raising me as best as he could, always giving me what I wanted and never said no to me. He fucking died from suicide when I was seventeen, leaving me with Rose and Adonis, my ten year old brother.

He's the only fucking thing keeping me going.

I had to become the man of the family at fucking seventeen. Whilst most kids my age were out partying, I had to meet with the family's lawyers to discuss the company's future. Whilst most kids my age were getting into relationships and having fun, I was stuck filling out numerous stacks of paperwork.

College was my only escape and as much as I didn't want to go, I took the opportunity to live my life in four years before I have to be tied down with the business world and corrupt businessmen that celebrate their companies successes in strip clubs and getting high.

It was the life that had been laid out for me ever since I could walk, and there was no escaping it.

I parked my Jeep in the campus parking lot and started to walk to the main campus doors. Maikel and I agreed to meet there since we both had training now so we could walk down together. As I walked, I received stares from all over, guys seeming intimidated whereas the girls pushed out their chests more hoping I would see their tits.

Disgust washed over my face but I paid no attention to them, instead scrolling on my phone. My finger hovered over Carmen's contact, as it had been doing ever since she put her number in my phone. I had to squish the urge to message her, I don't even know what I would fucking say but it would be something to get a reaction out of her.

I liked seeing her get all riled up and annoyed at me, knowing it was all for me. Carmen was nice to everyone but me, and whilst I fucking despised it, I also basked in the idea of her only having that feeling for me, and only me.

"D! Ready for training?" Maikel walks up to me and we lock hands for a second, then bumping each other's fists.

"No. Coach has been on our dicks recently." State championships were starting up soon so Coach was making us train extra fucking hard which was pissing me off.

"Yeah, but it'll be worth it when we win State." A girl walks past Maikel brushing her hand along his shoulders, to which he winks, smirking as he turns his head to watch her walk away.

"Do you have to eye fuck every girl that walks by you?" I cringe.

"It's hard not to when I'm in a college full of beautiful women. And I don't know why you're talking, you're more of a manwhore than me." Maikel smacks my shoulders and I push him slightly.

A moment of silence passes by before he opens his mouth again. "I heard you and Carmen got paired together for an assignment."

Jesus, how much did she tell Maikel?

"Yeah, we did. Why?" I grunt.

"Nothing, just wondering."

"Wondering what?" I ask.

"Listen, Cammy's a nice girl and you're well..you."He scratched his head awkwardly.

"Your point is?" I look over, what the fuck is he trying to say?

"Just don't be a dick to her, please. You two already don't get along as it is and I don't need my best friend and my little sister hating each other even more. Be nice." Maikel warns me and I hum in response.

"I don't hate her." This was true, I never hated Carmen, I hated what she did to me.

"Whatever you say. But I don't want Cammy complaining to me about how rude you were being to her." He ended the conversation.

I remember the offer that she made me promise her, no fucking swearing. That was going to be a hard one, considering I swear in every fucking sentence, but if it meant she would carry on doing the assignment with me, then I would be the biggest puritan there is.

We enter the locker rooms and receive greetings from everyone. I split off from Maikel to get ready for training, listening to the locker room talk about people's latest lay or whatever they were fucking talking about.

This would keep my mind off Carmen for a good two hours.

a/n:

do i continue uploading two chapters a week or just one?
hey guys! thoughts on this chapter??
damian is such a difficult character right now😭😭😭😭😭

GUYS I AM THIS CLOSE TO WASTING ALL OF MY MONEY AND BUYING THE DEVILS NIGHT SERIES ITS TOO TEMPTING
i love nico blaine and josie so much you dont understand. i have reread that book SO MANY TIMES AND WILL NEVER GET BORED.
ALSO WE HIT 5K READS THANK YOU SO MUCH😭😭😭😭❤️❤️❤️

tt concinnityy_

love you all💗