Chapter 16

"We have to get her out of here!" Neteyam shouted to Lo'ak and Spider.

"The exit is just a bit further this way!" Spider said as he pointed the direction. Neteyam nodded and turned to me. He was about to help me stand up but I stopped him. "Hayla.." he let out softly with a pleading look. "It hurts too much Neteyam" I said as my eyes filled with tears. Every little movement was provoking a terrible pain, I wouldn't be able to handle it. He looked so sorry and his ears lowered even more. He then gently placed his hand on my cheek "I know, but we need to leave this ship and get you healed" he kept his eyes locked with mine "You're strong Hayla, you'll make it. Please, do it for me okay?". I looked at him while more tears rolled on my cheeks and I finally nodded. I refuse to suffer the same fate as my parents.

Neteyam gave me a small smile before he took my arm and passed it over his shoulders. "Lo'ak help me" Neteyam asked him as Lo'ak quickly came and passed my other arm over his shoulders. They helped me stood up as I groaned in pain. Neteyam then pressed his hand on my wound to prevent the excessive blood loss. "Alright let's go" Neteyam spoke. "Over here" Spider said as he led the way. Every step was causing me a heavy pain. "Hold on Hayla" Lo'ak said. My head was turning and I was getting weaker and weaker.

"Here we are guys!" Spider finally said as we walked few more steps and stopped. I looked at the exit, we'd have to swim, underwater. I wouldn't make it, I could barely walk. These few steps only had tired me. Neteyam and Lo'ak had loosen up their grip on me and I almost fell but they managed to catch me before I collapsed on the floor. "Guys, I won't make it.." I said in a low voice. "Hayla don't say that" Lo'ak let out. "Stop that, you'll make it" Neteyam added in a firm tone. I looked down at my wound, Neteyam still had his hand pressed against it. His hand was covered in my blood. My tight was now also completely covered with the red and hot liquid, I was loosing too much blood. "I won't be able to swim.." I replied. "We'll help you Hayla" said Spider. "We're not giving up on you, never" Lo'ak spoke again. I nodded. I had no other choice. I had to at least try.

"Lo'ak, Spider, you go in the water first and you help her when she gets in!" Neteyam explained before the two boys nodded. "Now, let's go!" he added. Lo'ak gently let go of me as I transferred my weight on Neteyam. Both of them then jumped in the water through the opening. "Alright, that's our turn" Neteyam said softly. "If I don't make it.." I started but he cut me "You will make it". "Please listen," I begged him "tell everyone I love them and thank Jake and Neytiri for taking care of me". He had tears in his eyes and it broke my heart. He was afraid, and so do I. "And Neteyam, please don't blame yourself" I said as I placed my hand on his cheek and gently turned his head so he was facing me.

"I refuse to loose you, okay? We'll get trough this together" he whispered as he laid his forehead against mine. I nodded and kissed him softly. "I love you Neteyam" I said before he replied "I love you too Hayla". I smiled. "Let's get you out of here" he said before helping me go over the rail. I winced. All these movements were causing me a harsh pain. "I'm just behind you" he reassured me. I nodded and jumped in the water.

The contact between my skin and the water gave me chills. Then I felt hands dragging me in the water. Lo'ak and Spider were carrying me through the exit. I tried to help myself but I was too weak, every movements was causing too much pain. We finally reached the surfaced and I gasped for air. I could barely maintain my head out of the water, without my two friends, I would already had sunk to the bottom of the sea. "Hayla you're good?" Lo'ak asked me, worried. I nodded weakly. Neteyam then reached the surface and swam towards us. That's only when I realized the water around me had turned red. I was struggling to keep my eyes open, fatigue was slowly gaining my whole body. "Neteyam.." I whispered looking at him, my vision was all blurry. "I'm here, I'm here" I heard his beautiful voice before sinking into the darkness.