What happened between her and Decan? Aerylin kept that from me. I had to find out from him when we finally fell out. "You're why Aerylin has been holed up in her room all week?" I clench my fists.

"I don't know, man." he runs his hand over his buzz cut. "I tried to talk to her. She's only talked to Dahlia. Dahlia won't tell me anything except that she'll talk to me when ready."

"What does that shit even mean?" I pull out my phone and dial Dahlias' number, placing it on my ear as it rings. By the third ring, she answers. "Armando?"

"You've been keeping things from me." I accuse her. She chuckles, "You're joking, right, Armando?"

"Does it sound like I'm joking with you, Dahlia?" A straight line forms on my face. "Okay. What am I hiding, Armando?" She sounds amused by the situation, but it's grinding my gears.

"Aerylin. You know why Aerylins been acting off." I scoff. "I do, and she has her reasons." she sounds annoyed.

"How come she's told you why but hasn't said anything to Rowan or me?"

"Maybe because of how you're acting right now," she snaps. I take a deep breath. "You need to understand, Armando, that all she needs is someone to listen, not you do go all parent-like on her."

I look over at Rowan, and he's lost in thought. "I want to talk to her," I demand. A scoff sounds on the other end. "Armando, what don't you get about the words, When. She's. Ready."

"I know that she's in a relationship with Rowan," I might regret saying this too soon. "And I'm fine with it," Rowan's eyes light up while I roll mine.

Dahlia clears her throat on the other end. "Hello?" I take my phone off my ear and see the seconds still adding to the call.

"Armando," but it sounds choppy when she says it then the phone hangs up. "Fucking connection," I groan and walk back to the car. Rowan is still standing in place.

"What are you doing? Get in the damn car." He walks over to me before I get in and hugs me. "I love you, man."

"Okay?" I pat his back twice. He finally breaks the hug, and I laugh while closing the door to the driver's seat.

-

When we reach the base, I walk, my head held high as I walk past some guards and the new trainees we have. "Cousin," I roll my eyes at the voice. Leonardo smiles as he walks towards me, his arms in the air as if he's about to hug me, but the smell of weed and alcohol reeks on him.

"Don't touch me." I look into his grey eyes, and he runs a hand through his jet-black hair. He drops his hands to his sides. "Rowan, my man!" He walks up to Rowan, puts him in a headlock, and rubs his knuckles on his buzz cut.

Rowan punches him in the side. "Fuck," Leo's grip loosens. "You always do that," he groans. "You never learn," Rowan bites back.

"Oh, yea?" In a second, both of the idiots grapple on the floor. I roll my eyes when Leo pulls his pistol out. Rowan's dumb ass is doing the same and directing it toward Leo's head.

Before I can break them up, I hear another voice. "Boys." It's my aunt. Rowan and Leo instantly shoot up, tucking the weapons behind their back.

"If it isn't my favorite Aunt," Rowan walks up to her placing two kisses on her cheek. "It's great to see you," he scratches the back of his head and gives her a sheepish smile.

She hums, looking between her and Leo. "You two will never learn," she tsked at them.

"Armando, mi sobrino bien portado," she gives me a big smile while walking towards me, her heels clicking against the floor. (Armando, my well-behaved nephew)