"Oh, I was just wondering if Jade had explained to you that you're a witch-hunter or if you knew your other gift, you know because witch-hunters get two and we only know about your healing. Mind you, that's a really rare and powerful power for witch-hunters as well as witches."

Coral raised his eyebrows at me. "What makes you think I would tell you my other gift even if I did know?"

I matched his smirk and said, "You can either tell us or try to kill a witch with just healing. I'd like to see you try that. That's if you've even figured out your power." I noticed that my tone turned challenging at the end but didn't care. This new guy was really starting to get on my nerves.

He hesitated a second before answering. "Oh, yeah I got another power. Fire. Never really use it though, I've never found a reason to. I only didn't totally freak out when I figured it out because my mum told me all about witches and witch-hunters."

I stared at him. "Wait, so you've known about your gifts for how long?"

Coral shrugged. "Five years, maybe more."

"Why didn't you come to join the witch-hunters then?"

"Never saw reason too. I liked leading a normal life." He quickly changed the subject. "Anyway, so what, you're my age as well? Year seven?"

I nodded. "Yep. My gifts are hyper jump and water. Like nearly every witch-hunter, I grew up in their camp since my parents were also witch-hunters. You're a rare case, not growing up with us. Anyway, I'm sure you'll get along well with the others."

Coral looked at me quickly. "Others?"

"Other witch-hunters our age," I corrected.

He nodded. "So you are..."

I stuck out my hand to him. "I'm Cameron. You can call me Camy though, it's what most people call me."

He went to take my hand. "Coral."

I put on a sly smile. "I know."

He grinned as he shook my hand. "Sorry, forgot that you guys were such big stalkers."

"Better than the witches getting to you." I reminded him.

Coral shrugged. "Guess, so."

We'd been travelling in the car for about an hour and a half as I told Coral all about life in Tasmania. I told him all about the wake-up at 6:30 on each weekday, the bullies that you had to watch out for (mostly the seniors), the food times and what it usually was. The best thing about the food was you always got dessert every three days. I also told him about the drills for training and a lot of the games we play. I was so eager and distracted telling him about how only a few days ago I'd been able to go on missions to fight witches, I didn't notice that he had slipped in one of his air pods till he handed me the other one to put in my ear.

Jeez. He got me again.

"Don't worry mate, I was still listening to you," he assured me as I slipped the small white device into my ear.

Immediately loud music blared through it, filling my skull. I lay back and listened to it thankfully, relieved I wouldn't have to do any more talking for now. I don't know if I'd be able to do that all the way to Tassie. The drive always took hours.

I didn't concentrate too much on things for the next half hour. I just listened and watched as Coral took out his phone to switch songs or playlists. At one point I noticed him texting someone, probably his friend and looked out the window, not wanting to invade his privacy. I watched as the surroundings zoomed by, a big blur of colour that I could only just distinguish. A tree there, one rich-as person living in that mansion, a bridge over there, a crowd walking dogs over there and a few other things. Getting bored, I looked back at Coral to see he was still texting. But then when I looked back out the window, something unusual caught my eye.