"Let's go enjoy the day. Let's hope you win me a prize or something."I joked making him chuckle as he took my hand and sat up from the bed making me wrap his arm around my shoulder as we made our way out of my dorm.

"I see an ice cream stand."I excitedly said as I pointed towards the tent and rushed towards it.

"Miss Imani, how are you doing?"

"I am good, you good? feels kinda unfair for me not to know your name."I joked as I gave him a small smile and held out my hand for him to shake making him shake my hand.

"Oh don't worry about it, I am Harper. You here for my homemade ice cream?"he asked making me look down at the flavours.

"Yes sir, Harper. These flavours look good."I muttered as I looked down at all the unique flavours.

"Can I please have the dark chocolate and raspberry please. That looks like it slaps. For JR the toasted hazelnut and chocolate ice cream please."I politely requested as I pointed at the containers making him nod as he scooped up the ice cream for us in a cup.

"Thank you so much, Harper."I replied before I reached into my pocket to pay.

"No, don't worry about it. Everything here is free, It's a mental health day for a reason. Enjoy the rest of your day."he cheerfully replied making me smile as I nodded as walked to other stalls with JR.

"He had such unique flavours he even had cinnamon ice cream and the watermelon sorbet."I spoke after I had allowed the decadent ice cream to melt on my tongue.

"Look baby a PKZ stand."JR pointed out making me playfully glare at him still sucking on the plastic spoon.

"I am not joining a sorority group or house JR."I muttered as I took another spoon full of ice creem.

"Why not? Your mom is a PKZ alumni and your grandmother."he replied cheerfully making me roll my eyes.

He was obviously recalling the conversation my mom and grandmother were having during the Christmas dinner about being part of the PKZ after I had told them that JR was part of the KEK.

"Well then I shall be the one to break the generational curse."I sarcastically replied as I looked up the PKZ tent and when I was about to walk past Aqueelah stopped me.

"Hey Imani, Hi JR would you both like pedicures or manicures?"she cheerfully asked as she gave me a big smile.

"Um. No' thank you."I politely replied as I gave her a small smile.

"Also uh Imani. I was wondering if you wanted to join the PKZ since both your mother and grandmother are alumni. You won't have to do the initiation because of your mother and grandmother."She chimed as she showed me a picture of my mom when she was younger wearing her PKZ jacket along with another picture of my grandmother yelling with a ribboned stick in her hand as if she was cheering.

"I would love too Aqueelah but gymnastics takes up most of my time. I am sorry but thank you for the offer."I lied as I gave her a small smile making her nod in disappointment before handing me a pamphlet.

"Just in case you want to change your mind."She replied making me take the pamphlet before nodding.

"Thank you."I muttered as I gave her a small smile and continued to walk with JR.

I looked besides me to see him giving me a smug look making me playfully roll my eyes.

"I am not joining a sorority group, Jesse now leave me alone. Look there's a jumping castle."I excitedly said as I pointed towards the jumping castle and threw away the now empty ice cream cup.

"Jumping Castle? Baby."JR whined making me roll my eyes as I pulled him towards the jumping castle and took off my shoes.

"Yes, jumping castle. We need to make our inner child happy. She hasn't come out to play in such a long time."I cheered as I looked at the music that the jumping castle offered.

"Oh, So good by B.O.B?"I asked making JR nod his head which made me smile as I played the song.

'And pack your bags real good, baby
'Cause you'll be gone for a while, while, while
Girl, tell me how you feel, what's your fantasy, oh
I see us on a beach down in Mexico
You can put your feet up, be my señorita
We ain't gotta rush, just take it slow
You'll be in the high life, soaking up the sunlight
Anything you want is yours
I'll have you living life like you should
You'll say you never had it so good

La, la-la, la-la, la-la, la, la-la
You never had it so good
La, la-la, la-la, la-la, la, la-la.'

I giggled as I took JR's hands and jumped with him making him chuckle too as we jumped around together like a bunch of kids.

"That felt so good."I panted out once we jumped out and began to put our shoes back on.

"Good because we are going to go play other games."he cheered making me giggle as I took his hand and we ran to the nearest games together.

A/n: hi guys! I am so sorry if these last few chapters don't feel full but I forgot how half the episodes went because I've been watching the new episodes (which is probably a bad idea but I need to see JR's fine self even though he's dating Gabby now but I am trying to catch up with the recent episodes so I am posting as fast as I can) so I am a bit confused so I have been filling in the gaps with my own stuff I hope you love it!

Again thank you for all the support. I really appreciate it! This story was just an idea I didn't think would be that big but I published it anyway. So thank you so much!

anyway enjoy! 🤍
-nubianbar