A girl finally came up to the desk. "Hey, this is the girls' team right? I want to register myself."

The girl had extremely short, spiky black hair. She looked even more boyish than Akira. Both Sora and Akira beamed at her.

"Welcome to the club! What's your name?" said Sora.

"Hitomi Aoba"

"Nice to meet you!" said Akira shaking her hand vigorously. "Umm... we don't have a complementary drink or anything but I have a bit of water if you want..."

"Akira-san, you are rambling..." whispered Sora with a nudge.

"Sorry, I'm just so excited." said Akira.

"No thanks...." said Aoba, extricating her hand from Akira's.

"Aoba-san, I have to say, training's going to be hellish, we've even had a couple of people quitting, and there are a lot more complications, but all in all, it's a great experience. We're a single unit and if you want any help you can come to us!" said Sora.

"We're almost like family." added Akira.

"Okay, I, umm... Just need to go somewhere..." said Aoba and walked away.

"Akira-san, did we scare her off?" said Sora anxiously.

"Probably. Who asked you about training?"

"Well, it's better she knew.... And you were weird too!"

"So were you!"

"We aren't the best at canvassing aren't we..." mused Sora.

"Hell yeah..."

"Well, we'll just have to do our best when the next person comes." said Sora, optimistically.

"And now we wait again..." said Akira.

"Basketball! Basketball club!"

"How many members have joined, Sora?" said Akashi. He had come up to look at how they were doing. Sora reddened a bit. "Two.... So far. How about you?" Akashi smirked and held out a bunch of forms.

"Wow, there must be at least twenty in there." said Akira.

"Twenty five."

"Well, there's still time." said Sora defensively.

"Do your best...." said Akashi doubtfully.

"I don't know. Anyways, good job, Seijuro!" said Sora.

"Oh, I don't know.... We've been having it rough too. A couple of girls came up to register in the boys team..." said Akashi.

"Because of Ki-chan?" questioned Akira.

"That could be the only explanation. People seem to have lost the seriousness of joining a sports club."

"Well, at least you have visitors." said Sora. "Do any of them play basketball?"

Akashi rolled his eyes. "Sorry. Did ask." he said sarcastically. "Seriously though, are you that desperate?"

"Think of it this way. We'll all be leaving next year and when we do, there'll only be, what, three members in the club?"

"Why don't we concentrate on the present?" said Akira.

"She's right you know." said Akashi.

"Don't worry, Sora-chan, canvassing for the girls is harder." assured Akira once Akashi had left.

"We've only got two..." said Sora mournfully, fingering the forms.

"Damn that red-head..." muttered Akira. "We were doing fine....."

"It's because Leo is last today, nanodayo." It was Midorima.

"Shut up, four-eyes. Yukiji is at the literary club desk, so go away." snarled Akira.

"I just came to inform you about your lucky item, nanodayo." said Midorima, adjusting his glasses.

Akira blinked. "Shin-chan, I'm so sorry! Beneath all that tsundere-ness you have a heart of gold."

"That was quite unnecessary, nanodayo. Anyway your lucky items are a whistle and a highlighter. Farewell, nanodayo."

"Bye, Shin-chan!"

"Nae, Akira-san, should I really leave the desk?" said Sora. "But I really want to see the applicants in person...."

"Sora-chan.... Shut up and sit down...."

"But..."

"Luck has nothing to do with this!"

Sora and Akira began their canvassing again. "Basketball! Basketball club!"