::::::::::::::::16::::::::::::::::

Joel couldn't keep his hands off you all night. You both didn't go to sleep till past midnight hours.

The sun was just starting to creep up on the horizon when you woke up. Joel was fast asleep, quietly snoring. It was the first time in years he didn't mumble in his sleep and have nightmares. It was the first time in years he felt at peace.

You quietly snuck out of bed and went to take a hot shower.

You put on a new set of clothes Chrissy had brought you the day before.

You peered back into the bedroom to see Joel still asleep

You peered back into the bedroom to see Joel still asleep. A feeling of happiness, uncertainty, and nervousness all hit you at once and it made you feel like you had butterflies in your stomach.

There were going to be consequences to last night's actions but you weren't sure if they were going to be good or bad.

You quietly closed the door and headed outside to see Chrissy on her porch looking at the sunrise. She waved you over and you walked over.

"Morning. You look like you got a lot of sleep" she called out with a wink once you were about earshot away.

She knew.

You turned red and couldn't stop smiling, making her laugh.

"I know that smile! Damn, he's that good?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"It's too early to talk about that shit" you muttered as you stepped up onto the porch. She handed you a hot cup of coffee.

You sipped it slowly and graciously.

"What? Since when? We used to rank all our nightly escapades the morning after. Remember that?" She said making you laugh.

"I probably shouldn't have done what I did" you admitted.

"Why's that?" She asked

"This whole thing is temporary" you said

"Since when did you get attached so easily?" Chrissy scoffed 

"I'm wondering that myself lately" you said leaning against the porch railing.

"So you really like him then? What's his story?" She asked

You laughed and shook your head.

"I don't know to both questions" you admitted.

"Ah, gotcha. That's where you're at. I've never seen you this fucked up about a guy" she said.

"I'm annoyed that I am" you muttered.

"But if he's worth it—don't run" she said looking at the sunrise.

"I hope he's worth it...hey—where's Ellie?" You asked.

"Inside. The girls just woke up and came over for breakfast. Feel free to get some yourself" she said