Trauma.

"Our lunch table's over here," Lucas instructed, and Richie followed.

"Hey, Lucas," a brunette with extremely curly hair greeted. He then glanced at Richie. "Who's this?"

"His name's Richie. He's new here. He's pretty cool," Lucas said, glancing back at the boy with large glasses. Richie smiled and waved.

"Nice to meet ya! Dustin Henderson. This is Will, and this is Max." Will waved and Max scoffed.

"I can introduce myself, creep," she said. "I'm Max Mayfield. Love your glasses, by the way. Hope you're not like these stalkers."

Richie chuckled. She reminded him of Beverly. Ginger and a fun, independent personality. Will reminded him of Eddie. Dustin was a mix of Ben and Bill, and Lucas reminded him of Bill, Mike, Bev, and Stanley all in one person.

"Me? A stalker? Never," Richie chuckled. "Only for Eddie's mo-" he started, immediately stopping himself. His smile faded, and everyone looked at him, confused.

"Huh?" Max blurted out.

"You okay..?" Lucas asked, examining the boy's sad face. Richie blinked a few times and forced a smile.

"Yeah! I'm great! Moving on.." he rambled, "where should I sit?"

Lucas and Dustin exchanged looks, but looked away and to Richie, who was plopping down next to Will.

"Hello," Will greeted shyly.

"Hi! Will, correct?" Richie asked. Will smiled and nodded.

"And.. Richie?"

"That's me! I love your hair," Richie commented, chuckling. Will's smile faded, Richie noticed, and so did his. "I don't mean that as a joke, I actually think it looks cool. It suits you!"

"Really?" Will asked, hopeful.

"Duh!" Richie chuckled. Lucas sat down and smiled to himself, glad Richie was so kind to Will with such a chaotic personality.

"Soo, where'd ya move from?" Max asked, turning to Richie.

"Derry," Richie said, watching everyone's (except Lucas) face drop cold.

"Where all the missing kids are?" Max asked.

"How is that so well known?! Derry's such an unknown town," Richie exclaimed.

"Well, it's known for the kids that are missing every twenty-six year, that's it, right?" Dustin asked.

"Twenty-seven, yes," Richie sighed and looked down at the large line on his hand. He missed his friends.

"Woah, what's on your hand?" Will asked, reaching a hand out to clasp Richie's.

"Oh, nothing. Well, a battle wound, I guess you could say," Richie chuckled, holding his palm out for Will to see.

"Battle wound?" Max snickered.

"If fighting a child eating clown counts, then yeah," Richie added, and her smirk immediately went to a frown.

"Did you really?" she asked, and Richie nodded. "Hm. Sick."

Richie laughed a bit and pulled out his phone. To his luck, some of the Losers were texting on it already.

the losers

Stanny the Manny: No, I won't cheat like that.

Bevvie-bug: ITS HOMEWORK MY GUY CMON.

Bills: Bev calm down 😭

Bevvie-bug: @Bitchie Richie HELP ME OUT HERE

Bitchie Richie: STAN GIVE HER THE DAMN HOMEWORK SHES AUTISTIC AND NEEDS IT BC HER BRAIN DOESNT FUNCTION