01. reunions

Tuesday, september 22

»hi mads« riley greeted her best friend with a hug. They havent seen each other in a while since she had a lot going on with school and work. Not to mention the fact that she was moving in with her best friends in less than two weeks. Her house felt empty with less and less furniture every day but she loved to think that she's gonna spend much more time with people she loved.

»hi riles« her best friend greeted her back happily.

»is JC still coming later?« riley sat down next to maddy in the booth. Maddy had already ordered their usual 'go to' food and they were waiting for it to be ready.

»yeah he is. He said that he will probably be late because sarah needed a ride to the airport« sarah is JC's sister that is currently moving to New York for collage.

They talked while they waited for their food. After about 20 minutes it was ready and they started eating. Soon after, JC appereas at the door of the diner.

»riles!!« he says almost screaming an jogging to their table. Riley stands up and hugs her friend. He slighty moves them around while hugging.

»we haven't seen eachother in forever« he said, riley just laughing and nodding in response.

»nice to see you to dickhead« maddy says rolling her eyes. JC laugh at her and hugs her aswell.

»we saw each other the other day dumbass«

»still it's nice to say hi« maddy argues, laughing shortly after. JC sits on the other side of the table.

After some talking and cathing up riley remembers the big news.

»so do yall remember when i talked about that band, lovejoy?«
»yeah the one you don't shut up about« JC added sarcastily

»well yeah but that's not the point. i got tickets for their concert in London next month!« she said happily.

»wait that's dope« maddy said looking at her best friend, knowing that she was a big fan of their music.

»yeah well i was about to ask if you wanted to come with me but after that comment..« she says looking at JC.

»wait no no i didn't mean it« ha said forcefully lauging »you know we love you right?«

»im kidding« she chuckled »i wouldn't go by myself anyways«

They continued talking about the concert and moving for about two hours. Sadly riley had to leave since she had an about two hour drive back to her appartment and still had a lot to do.

»it was great seeing you guys again« she said, leaning on her car.

»yeah too bad you have to leave already« maddy said, hugging her friend.

»what if we move the moving day one to a week earlier« JC proposed.

»what?« riley said a little shocked »i mean that'd be great.. i have most of my things packed already so i don't think i'd be much of a problem for me but what about you guys? And the place, is it even fully ready yet?«

»i mean i have been ready for a few days now so i don't think i'd be a problem. And JC's current place is like a few streets away. About the place, i think it will be ready on Tuesday so techincly we could move in on Friday«

»well that be perfect« riley said, smiling brightly. »could i stay with one of you from Wednesday to Friday though? My landlord was already a pain in my ass since i had to post pone the moving out day and he will probably want me out on Wednesday«