I stood up, ''Hold up. You have a sister?''

''I'm the middle child. There's three of us. My older brother Sebastian, and then there's Celine.''

Well, he was just my boss and the relationship we had never actually gave us a chance to talk about our family, and it wasn't the part I was worried about. If his sister was on Milo's radar, that meant that she was in danger.

''How did your sister and Milo meet?''

By now, he was boiling with rage, I could see the vein pop on his forehead, ''They didn't. After what happened in your apartment, on the same evening, she began to receive texts and calls from an unknown number. He didn't say much until this morning where he warned her if I didn't let you go to him, she would be next.''

My heart sank. I didn't know Celine. Fuck, up until a minute ago, I didn't even know she existed. But, my heart ached for her. She was living her life, carefree, and then this bastard showed up and started stalking her.

My voice was barely above a whisper, ''Are you going to do it?'' I asked.

Elijah knew damn well what I meant, and I knew I fucked up. The emotions on his face were forever burned in my brain. I never thought I'd be the person capable of inflicting pain to Elijah Vaughn.

For a moment, he was silent and sat there in utter disbelief. In the next moment, he was in front of me, on his knees. He took my hands in his and placed a soft kiss on the back of my palm.

''I don't want you asking me stupid questions, ever again Freya. I will never allow anything to happen to you. As long as you're by my side, you'll be more protected than the queen herself. And if you choose not to be by my side, I'll still be protecting you from the shadows.''

My voice was small, ''What about Celine?''

''Don't worry about her, alright? She was in Italy yesterday. Today, she'll be in Japan. Tomorrow, she'll probably be somewhere in Australia. Milo can't travel that far, and I'm so close to sending you off somewhere, too.''

I smiled as a tear slipped, ''I can't leave. Eventually, I would need to come back, you know.''

He tilted his head, ''Why? Let's go to London. I'll have to go there soon, anyway. He won't be able to go that far. You'll be safe there. You'll be with me.''

''As great as that sounds, I can't pick up my things and leave. We both know he'll hurt anyone I care about to get to me, and I'm not selfish enough not to care.''

I softly caressed his cheek with my palm. He closed his eyes and leaned into the touch. For a moment, nothing but our soft breathing could be heard in the room.

''I know, little fox. That's why I'll find that bastard and put him six feet under myself.''

''You're not killing him.''

He opened his eyes and gave me a look of disbelief, ''Why not?''

''What do you mean why not? I don't want you in jail.''

He chuckled, ''Darling, you're underestimating my influence in this world. The most I'd see of prison would be if I'm escorting someone else there.''

''Promise me you won't kill him.''

There wasn't a good reason for wanting Milo alive. Heck, I didn't even want him alive. But knowing that Elijah would get his hands dirty for something I caused wasn't on my bucket list. I didn't want him to have to go to the extreme for my sake. Milo would be just fine in prison.

Elijah averted his eyes before changing the subject, ''How about I call Luka to bring us some ice cream?''

I rolled my eyes, ''Fine.''