001

Cries were heard as the trees tussled and the rain came down harder. The young dark skinned woman layed limp in her bed while people rushed to get the baby to quiet down from her crying

Her cries turned into soft hicks when her father had entered the room with an unamused look. The servants shivered in fear, the room that was once warm turned ice cold.

He took one look at the woman and growled. He didn't seem fazed but wasn't pleased by how she stopped breathing so easily. "They die so easily." Was all he said and with that he turned his heal and walked out of the room stunning the servants.

His plans weren't ruined, he just needed his daughter, and pretending to be the perfect father would be key until she only listened to him and him alone.

The small child sat down at the table on her own Her curly and wild hair was out into braided then tied into a bun. The only thing that was heard was the sound of the clock ticking

Tick

Tock

Tick

She clenched her fists. Her ruby red eye and E/c eye were closed, both colors hidden. Her dark skin almost glowed. The front door was opened and closed not long after. The click of his shoes could he heard about a mile away with her hearing.

"Y/n." A strict voice called out her name making her tense up. She knew that tone and it wasn't good.

"Yes father?" She said lifting her head up. She'd been scolded for keeping her head down before because she's of the 'higher class' she was granted with then the rest of those pests

"Come we have much to do." He said making her pull out from her chair. It made a creaking noise that neither of them paid attention to.

She was only 7 but her father had been training her since she was 2. She was no longer affected by the ache that your body had.

Today you'd be tested on how much progress you've made on breaths. Meditating at night before you went to bed and at dawn when you woke up.

And to check your progress with your hand yo hand combat skills you spared with him. He made sure that you'd know who was stronger. No matter how hard you trained or wished upon the stars you could never even get close to tiring him out. Much less beat him.

Grabbing the sword that was on the stand You unsheathed it. It made a small swipe noise but that was it.

Leaving you to your devices your father left you on your own while he went to hate care of some..... business he told you.

You knew it was lies. You were smarter than he perceived for just a 7 year old girl. You knew how people shivered at just the thought of his name. 'Pure evil.' Is what they called it. They even looked at you with fear because you looked like him. Most of the time you had to use your hair to cover your eye. Bit that changed when he cut it. Saying that it would just get in the way.

You closed your eyes listening to the chirp of the birds who were getting ready for sleep and the crickets who were rising.

Slipping on your thin sandals you walked on the grass. You could feel where every animal was and how big or small it was. Walking up the high mountain your hair supply got thinner and thinner. Your father wanted you back down by dawn with 5 demons beheaded.

You could see everything at the top of the mountain, or almost everything. If it weren't for the trees.

Taking in a slow deep breath your lungs filled with air until you couldn't take in anymore air. You turned on your heal and ran down. A demon that was about twice your size leaped out. It was one of the weaker demons you could tell from its aura.

"Form 7 - Cancer" You said softly. You held your sword with both hands and an orange light surrounded your sword. The aura formed into a crab like claw and when you beheaded the demon a soft snap was heard

Surprisingly for the demon it didn't feel any pain. It was like a gentle wave washing over it.

You landed on your feet and continued down the path using breathing techniques. You only knew 7 but out of 12 but that was good enough for your father.

You had to be back down by dawn and already the birds started chirping making you nervous. Being
late or messing up no matter how little it was always either was met with a scolding or punishment. He never hit you but would take away what you held dear to you and that wasn't many things.

The only time you've ever cried was when you were born. You never laughed nor got mad. Just a blank Face, like an unpainted canvas that was given to you while everyone else had colors and sparkles in theirs.

You killed the 5th demon, you knew that you'd need an extra demon. He always wanted you to do more That above and beyond. And your do it with not so much of a smile or praise from him, just a nod.

But recently, he's been showing you affection which pushed you. Of course you knew it was an act but you ignored that. You wanted a real family not just one with a father, daughter and their servants.

You were able to get onto the cobblestone steps by time dawn came. You sighed and almost dropped your sword that was now stained.

You had taken a bath, cleaning off all of the suds after letting your father know that you've accomplished your task. The smell of stew overpowered the house while one of your servants washed your hair. You sighed while they rinsed out your hair.

The young servant looked at you with pity from the dull look in your eyes. You were quite the beauty but showed no emotion which was a shame in her opinion.

The maid dried and dressed You in your night cloths and you were sent downstairs.

Sitting across your father You waited until he allowed you to eat,

He scanned your form with his bright red eyes that matched one of your eyes.

"You may eat." He said and you picked up one of The many soup spoons.

"I'll be leaving after dusk." He said and you sighed

"Can't you stay a little longer fathe-" You were cut off by his glare

He wasn't a very patient man as you learned over time.

He continued. "I want you to be able to master your 8th form by time I get back. He said and you nodded.

"Yes father." He stood up leaving the table before patting your head.

Good, I expect to see progress when I return." And with that he retreated to his room while you did the same.

Soon crawling into bed You turned to your side and curled up. 'Would a normal childhood be good for once?'