Chapter 7

Winter's phone rings and she quickly excuses herself to answer the call. "Hello?"

"Where are you?" She hears Ningning's reply.

"Err... dinner?"

"At home?"

"Why are you so nosy?"

"Alone?"

"What do you want?" She asks curtly.

"So you're out to dinner with Karina again?" Asks Ningning, knowing that her best friend would've given her a straight answer if she was eating alone at home.

"I'm hanging up now."

"Do that and you'll be friendless, Kim Winter. I mean it."

"Then cut to the chase!"

"It's Ryujin's birthday party tonight and you're nowhere to be seen! What kind of friend are you?!" Ningning shouts, causing Winter to pull the device away from her ear by reflex.

"Oh sh—..." she curses. "That's tonight?!"

"Yes! You forgot? You didn't put it in your calendar?! Or do you just prefer hanging out with your new crush instead of your dear friends?"

"I did put it in my calendar! Hang on let me check." She opens the calendar app and groans when she doesn't see it on today's list of events. "My bad. I must've forgotten to add the new date," she tells her friend.

Ryujin's birthday was two weeks ago and they were supposed to celebrate it on the day but the birthday girl suddenly came down with a cold so they rescheduled it.

Ningning sighs. "Win..."

"Sorry. I'll be there in a bit."

"Hurry!"

"I will! Bye." She ends the call and finds Karina looking at her questioningly.

"Is everything okay?" Asks the brunette.

"Yeah. I forgot that my friend's throwing a birthday party tonight," explains Winter. "I'll call Chabum. He'll take you home," she says as she dials her chauffeur's number while simultaneously signaling the waiter over with her free hand.

Once she has ordered the chauffeur to come to the restaurant to pick Karina up, she pays for dinner and apologizes to Karina again.

"I'll make it up to you," she says, feeling bad for leaving the girl alone in the restaurant.

"Don't worry about it," replies Karina.

"See you later." Winter is about to walk away when Karina stops her, grabbing her hand.

"Wait," Karina says.

The touch renders her immobile as she stares at the girl in bewilderment. It's the first time that they've had any kind of physical contact and it leaves her hand tingling.

She quietly watches her making a wrap, assembling the lettuce, rice, meat and kimchi, then standing up, facing her.

"Eat," orders the brunette as she holds the wrap in front of Winter's mouth.

Winter raises her eyebrows. "What are you doing with that gigantic thing?" she asks, pointing to the food in Karina's hand.

"You barely had anything to eat and I know you'll be drinking so you need to eat something first or you'll be hammered," explains the other woman.

"I won't be drinking. I'm driving, remember? And I'm pretty sure there's going to be food there," argues Winter.

Karina rolls her eyes. "Just eat it." She moves the wrap closer to Winter's mouth, practically forcing the woman to open her mouth and eat it. "Now that wasn't so hard, was it?" She says as she pushes the wrap inside Winter's mouth. "Wait. One more."