It wasn't to say that Nico hadn't changed. He had. He knew it. He'd changed for the better.

"Say something" Nico whispered. It scared him how Ajax wasn't saying anything, just staring at him.

"Did you mean it? What you said?" Ajax asked, "About just wanting to kiss a guy?"

The words spilled out of his mouth so fast, Nico almost didn't catch what he was saying.

He'd seen the way Ajax seemed comfortable with everyone, in his element, unlike Nico. Nico never fit in, no matter where he went. Hazel had found friends despite being a child of the Underworld, and so had Ajax.

So what the fuck was so wrong with him?

That's the thing though.

Something was in fact very wrong with Nico. And he would rather die before he let that "something wrong" touch Ajax.

It would be better to keep him at an arm's length.

"I-I dont know"

"Bitch, what do you mean i dont know?" Ajax stared at him, Nico made him think all weird things, but Nico also infuriated him to no end.
"Do you like me or not? Yes or no"

Nico stared at him, Ajax grew self concious under his gaze. Nico answered by pressing another kiss to his lips.

Nico thought their lips fit perfectly, like two puzzle pieces destined to meet. Ajax's lips were soft, warm and pink. Ajax smelled like strawberries and chocolate. Nico was going insane being this close to him.

"Yes" Nico didn't have to think twice before he answered. "But-"

"No buts" Ajax protested.

"Dork" Nico shook his head fondly, "i-" he took a deep breath, "everything I touch dies, every friendship, every relation. I don't want to ruin you"

"I'm already ruined"

"Stop, gods I hate it when you do that" though Nico didn't explain what he meant with that. "I- you- I can't like you"

Ajax looked like he was losing his mind. He took a step back, looking like he'd been slapped across his face. Nico never wanted him to look like that, but he was the reason Ajax was so hurt, this just proved his point. Nico took a step forward. Ajax held up his hands, his cheeks dusting pink and not because Nico was making him blush. Gods, he always managed to say the wrong things.

The hurt was written plainly on his face. They say love makes us poets, so that's why Nico spilled his apology out.

"I'm sorry" he blurted. "About.. about running away"

Ajax looked like he was about to say 'it's okay' but it wasn't okay. So he didn't. "Why do you keep doing it then? Running away?"

How could he explain? Thats just what Nico did. That was what he always did. He ran away from camp after his sister died because that's the only way he could remain sane and deal with his grief. He ran away after the battle of the labyrinth because he was so caught up in his own head about the campers hating him.

He thought he was different and no one would accept him, so he distanced himself before others could ostracise him.

He couldn't explain with words. He grabbed Ajax's wrist.

Memories flowed through him, all of him, all his life. He wanted Ajax to have everything. He held back a few particularly disturbing memories of times that made him look bad. He was laying his heart out in front of Ajax, but Nico knew how much of a monster he was.

He wouldn't blame Ajax if after this the other boy didn't like him anymore. That is if Ajax liked him in the first place.

Ajax's eyes were wide open, shadows passing over them, like a projector movie playing.

When the visions ended, Ajax looked up at Nico. His eyelashes touched his cheek when he closed his eyes and then opened them again. Nico wanted to stare into his eyes forever.

"I understand" Ajax said, because he did now. "But I need you to know that this doesn't change anything. I don't give a shit about your whole lone wolf aesthetic. People do care about you, people will care if you stop running away. I know I do."

"No, you don't get it- it's all my fault- my sister, Percy, everything"

Nico looked frustrated, he pulled his hand back.

"I need you to understand now that you're not as bad a person as you think you are" Ajax sighed deeply. His hands were shaking from nerves. What if he said something wrong? What if he messed this up? What if he was reading the whole situation incorrectly. "And I like you. Not Leo, not anyone else. I'm sorry you thought I liked him. I was uh- thinking of Eros and when he called you a monster."

Nico had taken a step back, but he looked at Ajax. "When did he call me a monster?"

"It doesn't matter cause you're not one" Ajax said firmly. "You're Nico di Angelo, you're my first choice no matter what, you're my best friend, you're anything except a monster. I like you and that's all that matters. Eros is the monster. I dont care what he thinks. Kiss me if you want, we'll figure the rest out later"

"Ah the classical demigod strategy" Nico looked like he was collapsing in on himself, slowly making himself smaller, hunching over, his hands fidgeting nervously.

"Exactly"

Nico looked like he wanted to protest, but then he shook his head and held out his hand for Ajax.

The son of hecate didn't hesitate. With one hand, Ajax held Nico's hand and the other was holding Nico's waist. Ajax kissed Nico like he was a starving man and salvation lay on Nico's lips.

He thought he could do this forever, stay in this room forever, kissing Nico. But then he lost his balance, swaying, completely in his own world. The room was cramped enough that when he fell back, he landed on the bed.

The unfortunate (f̶o̶r̶t̶u̶n̶a̶t̶e̶) news was that Nico landed on top of him.

Breathless, the two broke apart from the kiss. Nico had his arms pressed on the bed, in a half plank sort of way so he was hovering over Ajax.

Ajax ignored the heat pooling in his stomach, the blush rising to his cheek.

"As much as I like this position" He said, "I think I'd like this better."

He pushed Nico's shoulder so he fell next to him, and Ajax rolled over as well so this time he was the one hovering over Nico.

Ajax smiled at how off guard Nico seemed. Though the other boy looked pleased as well.

Ajax was practically straddling Nico, he knew he would cringe about it later, how Nico made his mind go blank.

But right now all that mattered was that Nico looked absolutely beautiful under him.

His curls spread across on the bed, his heart beat furiously under Ajax and all the son of Hecate had to do was lean in slightly and close the distance.

Nico wanted Ajax all to himself. No one could or should ever have him. Everything was so fucking perfect right then.

Ajax wasnt thinking clearly. Around Nico, he never seemed to think things through. But thats alright.

These bitches gay

Good for them

Neither Ajax nor Nico had heard or seen the door open.

"OH MY GODS I DID NOT NEED TO SEE THAT"

"PIPER WHAT THE FUCK"

The door slammed shut behind her.