Chapter 8 - "The End of Intended Destiny"

Start from the beginning

R - "Highly fascinating to see someone from a different dimension. I would have liked to evaluate her myself, but I unfortunately could not get the chance due to the exam's structure. She will be tremendously useful for progressing your plans with K-423... And with your future plans for her, as well."

Otto's smile widened even more, as he looked back and forth between the pictures of Kiana and Neptune.

"Well, well... It seems like things are still going to plan... If not even more so." Otto muttered to himself, as he looked back and focused at Neptune's picture.

"I have to thank you, Neptune. With your help, I'll not only be able to accelerate my plans for Subject K-423... But you'll also come in great use in the future, in multiple respects..."

Soft footsteps then started making their way towards the blond haired individual. When said individual turned around, he saw his assistant, Amber, walk towards him with a soft smile. She had silver hair tied into a single braid, and had this strange orange visor that covered her eyes. Nobody would blame Mei, Bronya, or any of their classmates if they confused her for Kiana having a different hairstyle.

"Lord Otto, Theresa's request towards Schicksal's R&D for a new 4th-Generation Battlesuit has been received. Is it truly wise to allow our second target to have it in her possession?"

Otto's eyebrows frown as he thinks this over. As he's still thinking, Amber continues to present her thoughts.

"It is almost certain that she will use this against us once the Herrscher befalls. Once again, should we really allow this 'Neptune' to recieve something that can amplify her power?"

...

"Amber, have you ever heard of the human phrase - 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'?" Otto finally spoke up.

"L-Lord Otto?" Amber looked back up with a surprised look on her face.

"I am very well aware that we are making our second target stronger... But if it allows for K-423 to get stronger at a faster rate as well, then I see no reason to hold her back, especially if it's not presenting any problems currently. Let her have it, and green light the request."

Before Amber could reply, Otto continued speaking.

"Besides... We MUST learn more about this 'Share Energy' of her's, as well as her 'CPU' biology."

"... But, what about adding a few safety measures within the suit? Shouldn't we at least incorporate something as a contingency?"

"You're very thoughtful, Amber... And ordinarily, I would go through with something like that... But no, it's not necessary."

Amber doesn't even say anything this time, as she's still processing what Otto could possibly have in mind.

"Little does Neptune know that she's already playing in the palm of my hand. I don't need to directly manipulate her, erase her memories, or give her a new identity or something like that."

Otto pauses slightly as he turns back towards the screen and eyes Neptune's picture once more, with Amber following suit with a more serious expression as she takes his words in.

"... No, she'll be assisting me and furthering my goals of her own free will."

Amber looks as if she's thinking hard, her curiosity growing by the second.

"And how will we ensure this?"

Otto smiled once more, turning back towards her.

"Why, I'm glad you inquired. It's admittingly still a work in progress, but I have... a few ideas."