78. NK ki shaadi - part 3

Start from the beginning

Arnav stiffened in his seat.

Now another well-known secret about ASR, he DID NOT do well with befriending animals. He had always been anxious around their pet goat Lakshmi years ago and even today with their dog Teddy. If it wasn't for his kids and Khushi, he would have stayed away. So, taking Pari near that giant animal- Bholi-or whatever- was out of question for him.

Thankfully, just then they were served with snacks and refreshments, and Pari got distracted making him sigh in relief.

.

.

In the Mehndi function:

"Jaz puttar, let's see if your mehendi color gets dark or not. The darker the color, the more your husband loves you." An elderly lady told Jaz smiling mischievously and Khushi couldn't help remembering her own mehendi from a few years ago. How she had fussed over the color not being dark enough and then how Arnav had cleared all her doubts about his love, once and for all!

Flashback from 11 years ago:

Khushi was really worried when her mehendi had turned out a lighter shade of red. She knew how this was seen as a proof of her husband's love- the darker the color of bride's mehendi the more her husband loves her- so she was heartbroken. In her heart of hearts, she knew how stupid this notion was or at least in her case it was. Because no one could doubt Arnavji's love for her. The man was besotted with her, his entire aura spoke of his all-encompassing love for her, entire delhi-naah-entire India knew! Also, she knew the practical reason behind this mehendi color, it had to do with body heat, the more heat your body has, the dark the color gets. And then again, there were ways to get it darkened like her amma and buaji had told her. But still, she was stuck on this childish thought and had taken out her disappointment on Arnav when he came to her house for their haldi.

He had sensed her anger towards him and had tried to get the reason out of her mouth in his own way,

"Tumhari naak laal hai(your nose is red with anger)." he said, holding her in his embrace.

"Kyunki aap humse pyar nahi karte iss liye(Because you don't love me)." she said in accusatory tone

"Really? Was it printed in newspaper today?" he asked, taken aback. Where had her crazy brain conjured that from? Unbelievable!

"I am not kidding, Arnavji. See this *she showed her hennaed palms* such a dull color of mehendi and that too of a bride? If you really loved me then my mehendi would have been darker." she said, freeing herself and had just turned away when he harshly pulled her back. His eyes had become furious with anger and hurt, and she felt her entire stupid argument leave from her mind

"Don't you dare say that again. My love doesn't need any proof." he said, and she could literally feel his hurt from the way he held her, projecting it on her in a way! Of course, his love didn't need proof! His heartbeats that always synced with her were proofs, his eyes that religiously followed her every step were proofs, his breathing that threatened to stop when she wasn't around and even the thought of any harm coming to her way took him to dark places, were proofs enough!

She then apologized to him, and they made up, followed by a lot of *ahem* stolen kisses!

End of flashback

Khushi then recounted a toned down and filtered version of this and also told Jaz not to worry about mehendi color.

"So, that's why I never bother much about my mehendi's color. Arnavji said his love doesn't need a proof." she said proudly, cuddling Aru closer to her.