43. births of miracles!(II)

Shout out to few more  lovely mommies from our readers: annmeto , hajoonissy , srasri , mayamadhuvanthi 💕 and everyone I don't know 💝

--*--

Flashback: June 2016

Much like her Jiji, Khushi's delivery too went the normal way, without having to worry for a C-section. However, it was still most difficult experience of his life for Arnav. As he stood outside the OT (operation theatre), where Khushi was in labor for past 9 hours, Arnav's patience had worn out and his resolve that this baby was "IT" for them, there would be no second baby, was made stronger! To be honest, until today he had never known how strong his Khushi was! He had initially volunteered to be present inside the OT as she was having contractions, but as soon as the contractions started coming faster, and she started screaming painfully each time it hit her, he couldn't do it! He just couldn't stand there and watch her face showing so much of pain. At one point he even requested the doctor to operate but he was told since she was already dilated enough, there was no option of cesarean now.

And finally, after 9 longest hours of his life, he couldn't hear her screams anymore. His heart skipped a bit, afraid something went wrong. But soon, a grinning nurse came out the OT informing arrival of a baby, HIS and KHUSHI's baby, and he dashed in! He had to see Khushi first.
And there. She was lying on the bed, tired, exhausted, yet as soon as she saw him, she smiled. And he slumped against the wall of the OT.  They had done it, she had done this!

"Did you see him?" she asked in a weak voice

That was when he realized, he hadn't even checked if their baby was a boy or a girl.

Soon the nurse handed their baby to Khushi and she gasped looking at the tiny bundle in her arms.

"He is a healthy baby boy, Mr. and Mrs. Raizada, weighing 7 pounds." The nurse informed

"Arnavji, he's here. My Chiku is here, look!" Khushi squealed looking at her baby in awe. 

And Arnav finally did look. Sitting on her cot, very close to her, he first put his arm around her shoulder, just to reassure she was fine and then looked at his baby! The baby had his eyes closed, his tiny hands were fisted and his button nose, his small lips were all red! Khushi kissed the baby's forehead and it seemed that the baby identified his mother's touch as his lips moved a little.

Arnav was overwhelmed with emotions too. He kissed Khushi's forehead and then the baby's. And as Khushi looked at him, he saw same emotion reflected on her face.

They were no more just Arnav-Khushi, they were now, parents of this little human! Within a span of few hours, their identities, their roles had changed for the best.

Soon rest of the family members gathered around them, Payal, Akash, Anjali, Nani, her Amma, buaji and so on. Every was trying to decide who the baby the resembled the most.

And as a tired yet happy Khushi hugged Arnav sideways, as their family was gushing over their baby, Arnav knew this was most precious moment of his life.

He didn't know that it was only the start...

--*--

Naamkaran (naming ceremony)

The first 1 month passed in a blur. Khushi was discharged from the hospital within 2 days and then there was a grand welcome for her and the newest Raizada in Shantivan. After AR's official press release about ASR's son's birth, they were flooded with congratulatory messages, phone calls, bouquets and chocolates. Like they did at the time of Piya's birth, they sent sweets' boxes to all friends and family, as well as AR's employees, earning blessings for the newborn!