54. Broken bones & hearts!

This one is for arshibarun, CSD ki demands queen :D ❤

--*--

The 30-minute ride to the hospital with Kavish in Khushi's lap and Arnav driving as fast as he could, was most excruciating drive for them. Chiku was crying continuously, and his helpless parents tried in vain to soothe him. Khushi was continuously wiping his face and eyes, but fresh tears were replacing them and Arnav was cursing a 'dammit' every minute that it was taking to reach the hospital. In the meantime, however, he had called Dr. Sinha, Chiku's pediatrician who had already gone home for the day and Arnav's request-cum-demand made him rush back...he understood though, parents in this situation often behaved the same way.

Kavish had bruises on his forehead and both arms and knees, but most worrying part was he had fallen over his right arm and so far, he was not able to move it even an inch!!!

As soon as the car pulled and stopped in front of hospital's main entrance, Khushi opened the door and rushed with chiku in her arms. Any person who would have wondered how a frail looking woman was able to carry a 6 years old in her arms, didn't know anything about the strength that a mother has!

Chiku was still crying because of the pain, and little bleeding through the scratches. And his arm that had been under the weight of his and his cycle's, had started showing swelling too.

"So, champ, cycling huh?" Dr. Sinha asked as he made Kavish seat on the chair near him and observed his bruises with a closer look. A nurse had promptly come to stand beside him with a tray that contained medical equipment and medicines

"Shh, boys don't cry beta." the nurse said trying to calm him while Khushi was also wiping his face still and Arnav just rushed in after parking his (dammed) SUV! But sister's (nurse's) remarks irked Dr. Sinha it seemed.

"What rubbish sister Maya? Anyone in pain can cry. Champ, don't worry about tears, I cry too, and see your mummy-papa are crying too! It's ok, hmm?" He rebuked the nurse and indicated to Arnav and Khushi who looked miserable and in tears themselves! And then Dr. Sinha once again addressed Chiku while dressing his wounds, "Now tell me, if it pains when I lightly tap with this on your arms ok?" he said to check for any other possible fracture before going for an X-ray. As the guidelines went, they didn't expose kids to X-rays unless extremely necessary as the rays can be harmful for kids (anyone for that matter).

"Careful!" Arnav shouted as Kavish shrieked in pain when Dr. Sinha tapped on his right arm. Dr. Sinha only gave a curt nod and continued doing his work.

As expected, except his right arm, Kavish didn't wince in win when tapped anywhere else.

"It looks like we have a fracture here, in his right arm" Dr. Sinha informed Arnav and Khushi and although, they were informed of their son's broken bone, they clearly felt the pain of their own hearts breaking...

.

.

An hour later, Chiku's right arm was covered with a blue colored cast (coincidentally, it was chiku's favorite color!) and Dr. Sinha was giving tons of instructions to all 3 of them. 'Don't strain the right arm', 'Eat lot of calcium and vitamin D rich food', and 'plenty of rest' being a few...

Looking at Kavish's sulking face and his parents' wary looks, Dr. Sinha tried to make some amends to make the mood lighter. He called Kavish near him and pulled something from his pen stand,

"Hey champ! tell you what? you can make this cast look cool! You know how? like this!" saying so, Dr. Sinha quickly doodled a smiley on his cast and handed the maker to him, ruffling his hair.