07. What im about to say is gonna ruin your night

Start from the beginning

Veronica's POV

I wake up to the sound of thick snoring and the feel of heavy arms draping over my midsection. For a moment my breath catches in my throat as I fear who I'm laying next to. It takes a moment before I recognize the tattooed arm of Noah, a small sigh of relief escaping my mouth. The heat radiating from his body keeping me warm, which I'm thankful for considering we managed to fall asleep on top of the blanket.

      My head is hazy and pounding slightly, a clear indicator that there was more vodka running through my system than actual water. Hangovers hit you differently than when you're 18, a sad reality I'm faced with at the moment.

   Slowly, I squirm my way out from underneath Noah's grasp causing him to stir ever so gently. Thankfully he still sleeps like a log, not even a house fire could wake him. I sit upright on the edge of the bed trying to regain some kind of composure to will myself onto my feet. It takes a moment of deep breathing and a few mental words of encouragement before I can stand up, Not so gracefully may I add.

    I look down at Noah, making sure he was still sound asleep and when his peaceful face falls into my line of vision my mind is flooded with memories of last night. His hands on my body while our tongues explored each others mouths. The simple thought bringing back the tingling sensation in my center.

    I blink away the thought, trying not to allow my eager mind think into it too deeply. We were both so inebriated last night it all had to be just a drunken mistake. One that I'm sure he won't even care to remember and as much as it crushes me, I'll pretend like it was blocked from my memory.

    My life is complicated enough without adding misinterpreted actions to the mix. We have always been just friends and I can't allow my erratic and unhinged emotions to complicate things further. But it goes without saying that there was an undeniable spark between us, not just when we shared our momentary kiss but the entire night was filled with flirtatious remarks and more than friendly touches.     
   Or maybe my lonely mind was just reading into everything, perhaps he was just being the best friend that he always was to me and my sad self took it as much more.

    I can't afford to play this mental back and forth with myself right now, so I push the thoughts back and slowly retreat from the room and make my way downstairs.

   I can hear vague banter coming from the kitchen as I walk the narrow hall that leads into it. Upon entering I see Jolly and Folio standing next to each other as they lean against the counter clutching mugs of hot coffee. They exchange words amongst themselves lively, as if they didn't down an ungodly amount of liquor the night prior. Smiles etched on their faces as they throw their heads back in laughter.

  "How the fuck are you guys even functioning right now" I ask with a bewildered tone as I walk closer to them to pour my own cup of coffee from the half full pot that is brewed.

   "We're used to it. We party like this on the road and then have to play shows 10 hours later" Folio states matter of factly with a small shrug as he sips lightly on his hot beverage.

   I just chuckle as I bring my own cup up to my lips, downing half the cup in two swift chugs. I guess the stereotype of being hard partying rockstars ring true for this group. Not that I'm surprised in the slightest if I'm being completely honest. Noah and Nick themselves were always up to no good, spending most of their high school careers living it up like aspiring rockstars.

  "How the fuck are you drinking your coffee black?" Folio speaks up again, this time playing on the words I just spoke a moment ago, his face turned up in disgust.