Izuku felt more than saw the flames behind them, as Endeavor jumped into action. The rest of the heroes had been forced to let the villains go in order to take care of the Nomu that were charging like there was no tomorrow. Or at least, like there wasn't going to be a tomorrow for them.

A giant rebar shuddered and suddenly dropped right above him, and he had no time to think as his body moved instinctively, rolling to the side. A police officer raced right past him, calling into the radio desperately for Best Jeanist to reply. Izuku felt his heart drop into his stomach when there was no response, scrambling to his feet quickly. Something had gone horribly wrong, that much was for sure. And he was almost completely sure that whatever had gone off the rails began at the Nomu factory.

He took off in a flash, taking out whatever Nomu he could on his way. It seemed they weren't focused on him, preferring to cause as much chaos as thye could. They also were going after Kamui Woods, presumably to free the League of Villains from his grasp. Endeavor was holding his own against the brainless husks, but there were so many of them everyone was overwhelmed. And how they got there still confused him. Kurogiri was out, I'm sure of that, so how did they manage to appear out of nowhere like that? It doesn't make sense. And there's still this... foreboding feeling I have, something familiar that feels just out of reach.

The feeling got even worse the closer he got to his destination, squeezing his chest like a boa constructor. All Might was in the sky, in and out of sight in barely a moment. Izuku knew he couldn't make it there as quickly as his student, very few could, but he still pushed himself harder all the same. Something was off, he just knew it. They had forgotten something very important, something that would make all the puzzle pieces come together. Right now they only had the corner pieces, and everything else was scattered around. The picture was incomplete, and he needed to finish the puzzle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All Might tried to shake off the Nomu hanging on his back, doing their absolute best to take him down. He was doing fine until one of them snagged something and they went down. His cheek raked painfully on the ground, but he ignored the sting in favor of taking care of the Nomu quickly. Except... there weren't just two of them now. The black sludge was over here too, oozing pitifully in his peripheral vision.

He snarled his signature smile, and went after them with a fiery passion. He knew that All For One was the one behind the League of Villains, and he was not going to let him get away a second time. His old nemesis just had to be waiting for him, waiting for the chance to finally end this like they both desired. All Might may not be at the strength level he was six years ago, but he was no fragile little flower.

This time, All For One was going away for real.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Izuku sprinted through the destroyed city. With every few feet he traveled, everything became just that much more wrecked. Entire walls were torn down, and shattered glass was scattered everywhere. Luckily, there didn't appear to be any civilians at the scene, so there was a chance no one had been hurt by the attack that did all of this. At least, he really hoped no one had been hurt.

Izuku stopped dead in his tracks, horror bubbling up inside of him. This level of destruction... he thought the buildings leading up to this were bad, but he couldn't even make out were the buildings had been. As far as he could see, they had been vaporized, nothing but dust left in their wake. There wasn't much in the air, but Izuku could feel it choking him nonetheless.

All For One was standing at the top of the utterly decimated hill, the broken heroes lying at this feet. They looked like they were still alive, but their hero suits had been torn to shreds, and Mount Lady had shrunk down to her ordinary form, a clear sign of quirk exhaustion. Best Jeanist's sleeves were missing, and there was a clear crater in the ground. It looked like Best Jeanist had pulled his comrades to safety using his quirk. It was likely the only reason they weren't all dead.