"I... didn't know that either," I muttered, suddenly feeling a little lightheaded with him so close to me, his entire body on me.

He kissed me slowly without saying a word, his arms surrounding me. I kissed him back, my mind growing numb to everything else but his touch. I rested my hands on his chest while he pulled me even closer. I was surprised that my body wasn't really reacting to him even though we'd just had sex. Being in his arms was so goddamn hot.

After the kiss had continued for a while, he slowly pulled back and smiled at me gently, then rested his forehead against mine. I smiled like an idiot at him, enjoying the calm, content happiness I was filled with.

But seeing my own arms next to his flawless skin took a little out of that good feeling. Nic noticed it. He frowned lightly, then looked at my scarred skin. He pulled his hands away from my back to wrap his fingers gently around my wrists. He moved my hands on his face, then planted small kisses on both of my palms, his thumbs caressing the backs of them.

"You did so great today," he murmured. "Letting my friends see your scars must've been taxing."

"It's whatever," I said with a shrug, completely forgetting myself in the way he watched me.

"Sure," he said, not believing me. "I'm so relieved they didn't turn out to be dicks. Cecilia... Well."

"I adore her, actually," I said, chuckling. "She's great. Your friends are great."

"Great enough to be our friends?" he asked.

"Sure, why not," I said.

"Good," he said, and kissed me again, then turned his attention back to my scars. "Does this bother you? Being naked with me?"

I shook my head slowly. "Not really. I don't mind if you look at me. At my scars. It's... a bit weird, but it's not giving me anxiety or anything."

"Good," he whispered gently, then caressed my cheek. "Because you're very hot."

I snorted lightly. He grinned, then stepped back to take a look at me. He sure took his time looking at me. But I let him. I was fine with letting him.

"Yup. You are very hot," he eventually concluded, stepping back to me. "So very hot..." he added mischievously, his hands finding my ass, and he pulled me tightly against him.

I laughed but was silenced by his lips. I melted into his arms when he kissed me, his tongue seeking entry to my mouth. I was happy to let them in to explore. And I was glad we already fucked since things got pretty handsy between us, and I was sure my parents would return home any minute now.

But I couldn't stop this heated making out under the warm shower. I didn't want to, not with Nic kissing me so thoroughly, his hands claiming my body while he surrounded me completely. This kind of closeness was new to me, and I'd never realized how much I needed it. Not the making out or sex. I did very much enjoy all that, but what I'd craved was being able to be myself with someone, with burn marks and all, not getting anxious when someone saw my scars.

And to think that special someone had feelings for me, too. And was hot as fuck.

Nic's lips were already on my throat, and his hands had gotten greedy. I hated myself for it, but I had to stop him or we'd end up having round two.

"My dads will come home soon," I reminded him.

He let out a heavy sigh, then planted a few more kisses on my shoulder, and let go of me.

"Right, right," he said, flashing a smile at me. "But, like I was saying, you're hot."

I only laughed and grabbed my shampoo.