Chapter 5.

All Rights Reserved.

© Xouliana_2023.

"

Float like a Cadillac

....

Sting like a bee.

"

~~ Marty.

CHAPTER 5.

I'd been asked to step forward.

So I did.

I stepped forward and when permitted to, I sat down.

See, I'd practiced this whole etiquette, pish-posh, subservient routine. Don't do nothing you're not told to, or until you are told to.

So I was counting on my willingness to bare my neck to gain me a few points. Regardless, this dude seemed dangerous.. a girl can hope.

                                ______________

Boy, was I wrong!

News flash. A girl shouldn't hope, please don't. When you get them signs, run.

Apparently I didn't. And that's why this dude had rounded the desk to my angle... quarter... half, yeah, that.

I stayed still however. The power of patience sometimes makes you a fool. Or purposeful indifference, so I guess this one was on me.

He kept asking the customary questions which you'd have already filled in the form. Really makes you wonder why they bother you with filling the whole form if they're still gonna ask you again while looking at the form... with the same answer on it.

Heavens know why they do the things they do.

He'd gotten to the experience section by the time I got out of my train of thought. Choo-choo!! Funny.

"Do you have experience?", he'd asked.

I was a little confused as it seemed the question came from thin air for a moment. No, it was it's phrasing.

Usually it's, "So what kind of experience do you have?" or some other similar scenario. I would know, I'm a guru at being jobless and searching for employment.

He'd asked, "Do you have experience?"

And I replied with a doubtful "I do", that would've made my ancestors roll over in cringe.

Clearing my throat, I steeled my voice and tried again," I do. " Good.

I seemed to hear that word twice. "Good", it had come from me and it seems the man right besides me.

My nerves were frayed, that was the problem. Because to me, an innocent word rang too many alarm bells in my head.

I definitely am just nervous, I'd thought.

So extra, I scoffed.

                         .....................

I wasn't.

So extra, anyway. I wasn't so extra.

For no sooner had I quelled my anxiety did his calloused, disgusting, soft, muscular, hairy, disgusting, gro---well anyway, fear confuses you.

His hand rested on my thigh and well...

I wish I'd worn trousers.

I flung his hand off. No, that's an exaggeration. I brushed it off nicely because I still wanted the job.

That was, until he said: "We do this or I'm done with you."

And with as much dignity as I could muster, I'd tried for a bargain.

"Sir, I'm a student.", I'd said.

His hand slipped beneath the lower hem of my skirt.

With a jolt, I continued, "I'm a simple student who really needs this job. Please don't do this, I've got obligations."

"A woman's place is in the kitchen and with her husband where he needs her", the fudging misogynist declared. Bastard had his hand going higher.

I wasn't dumb, but everyone had their line. After all I've been through, my line had sunk very low but it was still very much present and there was probably going to be a lot of blood. But not just yet.

                ✍︎✍︎✍︎✍︎✍︎✍︎✍︎✍︎✍︎✍︎

A

/N: This chapter was a little hard to write and may go through some major edits later on.

But since I will be sticking to a routine, and getting off my "hiatus" (break) status, I wlll promise consistency.

I hope y'all are enjoying the read however. Thank you very much.

If you're a Nigerian, stay safe.

Turkish, my deepest condolences. And if not, stay safe.

Personal note (P/N): Today was a beautiful day. Though now I feel sick to the stomach... literally. It was worth it.
Have you ever experienced a day like that?

Back to A/N.

Well, if you liked the book, tell me by:
• Clicking the star button.
• Dropping a comment.
• Reacting to a comment, cause again..they're gold.

And yes, if you feel up to it, please follow me.

Thanks again,
Xouliana. ✍︎ 03/03/23