018. The Two Old Friends, Scheming and Manipulation

Start from the beginning

Daemon held an arrogant smile on his face, watching his niece from the corner of his eye. Naenya had always been a tall girl for her age, but it was only recently that she had managed to grow to match her uncle's height. Naenya had always enjoyed her height, the ability to look down on those around her was especially useful to her, and she had always hoped to be able to do so to her uncle. Unfortunately, it seemed the Gods only wanted her to see eye-to-eye with the rogue prince. 

"Your words wound, niece," Daemon said. He spoke High Valyrian with such silkiness, "Are you not thankful to see me? I am excited to meet Maegor and Vanya,"

If only momentarily, a warm smile slipped onto Naenya's face. 

"I am sure they will be excited to meet you too. Maegor will be at least," Naenya said, watching Viserys speak to Otto Hightower, "Maegor is excited to see anyone who pays him attention. Vanya is a bit harder to crack. I swear she can see into people's souls,"

"Mine might be a bit dark for her to see," Daemon said, smiling as Naenya let out a short laugh, "It is Vanya who had her egg hatch, was it not?"

Naenya nodded. Both twins had been gifted a single dragon egg. Maegor's had been a dark crimson in colour, while Vanya's had been a slight emerald. Vanya's egg had hatched only recently. The dragon was so pale it was almost translucent and seemed almost as quiet as Vanya herself. Maegor, however, still slept with a dragon's egg. Naenya held no concern about whether or not her children's eggs hatched; hers never had, and she still rode a dragon of furious might. She was certain Maegor would gain a dragon whenever he needed to have one. 

"Maegor would enjoy your company. I think he needs someone to hit his wooden sword at that isn't Elden or a doll," Naenya said, knowing Daemon would need more encouragement to spend time with a Targaryen that wasn't a dragonrider. 

"I am sure he will be as skilled as his predecessor," Daemon grinned, finally turning his head fully towards Naenya, "Now, why are you wanting me gone from Kingslanding?"

"You know,"

"I do not,"

Naenya sighed, rolling her eyes with a shake of the head. She noticed a servant walking towards her with a plate full of goblets. The goblets held different wines and the like in them, it seemed there were only two goblets on the platter that held the same liquid. Finally, she spotted a goblet an empty goblet and requested it to be filled with water for her. Thanking the servant as he went on his way to gather her drink, she took a slight pause before turning to face her uncle.

"Rhaenyra returned early," Naenya said, staring at Daemon deep in the eyes, "Without even a potential suitor,"

"Didn't wish to liven up Kings landing by marrying Garret Tyrell? We could watch a fight every day," Daemon grinned, electing to ignore the insinuation underlaying Naenya's tone.

"Rhaenyra has to find herself a husband of a House that isn't yet tied to our reign," Naenya said, noticing how Daemon's eyes seemed to sparkle at the inclusionary words, "She knows this,"

"Perhaps they're all boring," Daemon shrugged, casting his gaze towards Otto Hightower, "I can ensure your authority without such facades of love,"

The servant returned with his platter, handing Naenya her goblet with a bow. Daemon grabbed a goblet for himself, taking a drink as he returned his gaze back to Naenya. 

"We need these ties, Daemon," Naenya said pointedly, "I have never asked much of you so be certain I am serious when I speak these words. Leave Rhaenyra alone. She will never marry with your mark around her neck,"

The Valyrian steel necklace had not once left her sister's neck since the day Daemon had placed it on her. Unlike her loving father, Naenya was no fool. She understood the ways of her uncle and sister, and she knew what certain actions truly meant.