13.0 - Zitti e buoni

Start from the beginning

I quit the café since it wasn't paying that well and I was skipping most of my shifts anyway. 

So I decided to resign and just depend on my savings from the past shifts I've worked. Plus the group doesn't really let me pay when we go out, just once in a while.

"You're lost in your thoughts again" Damiano nudges me as we enter Vics car. I shrug him off lightly giving him a "don't worry" look as I enter the front seat. 

Vic starts driving to the studio where Thomas and Ethan were still practicing the beat for a song, one they don't even have the name for yet. 

Victoria changes the radio to the Rolling Stones as I look out of the window, deep in thought like Damiano mentioned. 

I've been thinking a lot recently, life just feels to quiet. It's not that I'm depressed or anything but I just feel like I'm wondering a lot. 

Victoria messes with me and says I should have chosen Philosophy from the amount I've been questioning life and existence in general.

I keep thinking to myself, what is my life's purpose. 

Do I even have one?

Would I have had a purpose before I met the group?

Am I anything without the group? It sure didn't feel like it during the time I didn't know them. 

"Hey earth to Luna we're here" Thomas snaps his fingers in front of my face as Ethan and he cramp into the backseat with Damiano. 

"Where to?" Ethan asks as Damiano huffs, 

"this one wanted gelato" he says, pointing to me as I blow him a kiss sarcastically. 

We finally pull into heaven, aka the Gelateria as I notice paparazzi already there. Recently most of their songs have been blowing up on TikTok ESPECIALLY "Beggin" and "I wanna be your slave". 

"Oh boy" Victoria mumbles as we get out of the car and the paparazzi basically run to us. I try to sneak past them into the Gelateria but one of them catches up to me. 

I glance at Damiano as he's talking to a paparazzi as he sends me a "sorry" glance back. 

"So Ms. Angelo what is your role in the band?" A paparazzi guy comes up to me, shoving the camera in my face while the other one takes pics. Suddenly I feel so self conscious. 

I'm not dressed for the whole internet to see me, I don't have makeup on, I'm bloated as shit, my eye bags, everything is not presentable right now. 

But I have to act calm and collected in front of the camera. 

"I'm just their friend, like emotional support" I answer, putting on the nicest smile I can muster, 

"There has been rumors that you and Damiano have a thing, is that true?" He asks, shoving the microphone closer to me. I chuckle awkwardly, 

"No no we're just good friends, like everyone else in the group" I try to keep smiling and walk past him but cant escape the situation,

"Would you consider yourself a part of 'Maneskin'" he asks as I shake my head no, 

"As a music band, no definitely not I am not musically gifted, but as a friend group yeah they're like family to me, but if you'll excuse me we have some plans. Nice seeing you" I say rambled together and basically bolt into the shop.