𝐱𝐥. ᴀ ʙᴏʏs ɴɪɢʜᴛ

Começar do início

God, he wished Santigo was here to help get him out of this uncomfortable situation, but no - instead the other vampire was with Leah, trying to get the feisty she-wolf to like him. 

Alec hoped Leah slapped the traitor. 

“We were going on a hunt, wanted to know if you wanted to come along?” Jasper pitched in, his smile more welcoming than that of his brutish brother - whose smile was turning more feral by the second. “We understand if you don’t wish to join us with feasting, but we thought you would want some time to…kill something.” Jasper winced as he spoke, but other than that he kept his aura calm.

“That and we want to get to know you - away from Rebekah’s prying ears.” There was an unspoken promise of threatening in Emmett’s tone, and Jasper sent the large man a glare as if to say “Play nice”, but Emmett simply rolled his eyes at the honey blonde’s scolding. 

“I don’t know, I am not accustomed to your diet.” Alec tried to argue and Emmett shrugged as he pushed off the wall, circling Alec like a shark in the water. “I would not want to intrude.”

“You wouldn’t be, besides you don’t have to eat - there is just something so satisfying knowing you have the strength to take down a deer or a mountain lion.” Emmett’s smile had not lost that feral appeal, but his eyes were warm and kind - much like Rebekah’s. 

Alec could almost hear Demetri’s nagging voice in the back of his head, demanding that he socialize while Felx would merely be standing behind the tracker laughing at his suffering like the good friend that he was. 

“Alec, we don’t mean to make you uncomfortable.” Jasper was beside him, a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

Emmett snorted as he sat on the couch. “Speak for yourself, Jazzy.”

Jasper sent him a glare for the nickname and his words before looking back at the Volturi vampire. “We just want to welcome you into the family and get to know you. I get it, a new place - not knowing who to trust, but you can trust that we both want the same thing right? We want what’s best for Rebekah and I don’t want her worrying about us getting along. All I am asking for is one night of us getting to know each other and putting our differences aside. Think you can do that?”

The Volturi member mulled over the words, nibbling on his bottom lip as his eyes flicker from Emmett and then back to Jasper. And then he let out an unneeded breath, shoulders dropping in defeat.

“What time do we leave?” 

ALEC VOLTURI WATCHED WITH CURIOUS EYES AS JASPER PROWLED ON THE FOREST FLOOR

ALEC VOLTURI WATCHED WITH CURIOUS EYES AS JASPER PROWLED ON THE FOREST FLOOR. The Volturi vampire couldn’t help but compare him to a lion on the hunt for a gazelle or in this case, a buck that was grazing on a patch of grass.