🍁 Chapter 9 | SEMI-FINALE 🍁

Realization hits in different ways for different people. For some people, it's losing someone or something to realize their worth. Some others understand it when they're at their lowest point. Or at their highest. The loneliness made them realize what they're been missing out on.

In your case, realization struck you at the oddest of times. You weren't at your highest, not lowest and you haven't lost someone but it still felt like you're missing a big part of your life. That someone who didn't even belong to you in the first place.

Jungkook was in an arm's reach with you, yet he felt far away. He was so near you yet so in-accessible. You wanted to blink and stop this horrendous dream you're living in where your heart is being shattered again and again.

"Isn't Taehyung always between everything?" He said in a harsh tone that sparked a chill in your body.

"That's no.." you were about to oppose him. He was misunderstanding everything and right now wasn't the time for misunderstandings. You were here to clear things between you two, not lit another fire among yourselves. Jungkook looked like he could break down any moment. He was slightly trembling.

"What? That's not what it is? Am I misunderstanding?" He asked, voice full of resentment. "What is it that you mean?" He said harshly.

"Jungkook, try to understand me. I'm not here because of him. I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to know why you didn't come to college today? I wanted to apologize about last night" you chanted, trying to get him to hear you out. He wasn't trying to see your point.

"Really?" His voice was full of surprise. As if he wasn't expecting you to say those words. "You do? Why? Because of the kiss? Or because you thought it was a perfect way to make Tae jealous?" He spit out another veil of venom at you.

You were speechless at his accusations. You didn't kiss him because you wanted to make Taehyung jealous. Hell, Taehyung was the last person you were thinking about while kissing Jungkook. It was all for him and you but he wasn't trying to understand at all.

"And why didn't I come to college is because I didn't want to come. I wanted to stay away from you. I didn't want to see you bring all over Taehyung after kissing me last night. I didn't want to come and feel like a fucking joke infront of myself" he let out loud. His voice was so painful that even you felt your bones shattering at his words.

"I am done playing a joker YN. After everything I did. After trying for the past 2 weeks, I'm done" he let out a deep breath, a little of his uneasiness decreasing with the breath.

"What do you mean?" You asked, clearly confused by his words. "Tired of trying what?" You questioned.

"Leave it. You should go" Without completing his earlier words, he turned to leave to a narrow small hallway. Probably to his bedroom.

"You're leaving!!" You exclaimed. "Just like that. Just like it's the end!" He paused and stood there for a second before turning a little.

"Did we ever even start anything?" He let out in a small voice and then walked away into a room. You stood in his living room, motionless and numb. His words left a delicious pain in your gut. As if he shoved his fist down your throat and pulled out your heart before squeezing it into a million pieces.

It shouldn't hurt this much. His words shouldn't feel this poisonous but they did and left a bitter taste in your mouth in their wake. You felt a salty and metallic taste on your tongue and realized you've bitten the side of your cheek which has started bleeding. This physical wound didn't hurt as much as Jungkook's verbal wound did.

You wiped a lone tear from your cheek. When the water work started, you didn't know. You followed after him and entered what definitely looked like his bedroom because it was cozy and so him.