Chapter 3: Vollachian what?

ابدأ من البداية

The gate opens and I walk down the stairs, and finally I make it back to the dingy room full of cages and rats that I originally woke up in. It also seems the crew has left a flask of water for me to drink, but after that incident, I'm not quite sure if I want to drink it. I just don't particularly want to ingest anymore strange products.

So I just push it aside and sit down on a bench, swinging my legs back and forth since I have nothing better to do- wait, I actually do. Since I've been fighting back to back fights, I didn't really stop to think about these odd attachments? Weapons? Well whatever they are on my arm that shoot out blue light when I hit things.

I punch my arm forward similar to when I fight, and the blue light comes out again. I assume it's magic of some kind, and it does seem pretty destructive. I try focusing a bit and it comes out even without the punching motion, but it quickly disperses into blue particles after a second or two.

I try making different shapes or trying to make it last longer, but all I manage is to make the light either bigger or slightly more focused. This is either the limit of these things or a lot more practice is needed to use them right. But for now they work as the magical equivalent to brass knuckles for me. I hear steps coming down from the stairs, so they've arrived.

Kurt: Hahahah! Well done, kid! You're already in the semi finals! This fight and the one after and you're all done with this tournament.

Tsume: Really? The tournament was this fast and easy?

It's a bit disappointing, but I can't expect anyone too great from warriors who are meant to typically be expendable.

Kurt: Well you see about that...

I see Sterl look at a few papers before looking at me and sighing, then he speaks up.

Sterl: Fast and easy you say... well that must be what it's like to ya I guess. The feline demi human you fought after Garleth was known for being extremely agile and had a knack for killing his enemies through blood loss with his special barbed daggers. He was undefeated.

Tsume: Ah, I killed him too fast to notice. What about the oversized utensil?

Sterl: You mean Rorka? That one was part of the Steel Folk tribe, same race as one of the Nine Vollachian Divine Generals... and ya beat him to a pulp in less than a minute. Course Rorka isn't as strong or else he wouldn't be here, but he was also... undefeated.

Tsume: Well at least they won't have anymore defeats besides me, they're dead.

Kurt: Haha! Well that is one way to put it!

But what is odd though is that they came down here. They haven't for the previous fights, so there has to be at least something going on that they need to tell me about. Besides that though, I noticed Eric is nervously fidgeting. From what I've seen so far, he only does that when he's scared to speak up about something.

Tsume: You, the coward. Speak up, I know you're hiding something.

Eric: Eek! Please don't hurt me!

I wasn't even going to hurt you... yet.

Tsume: I will if you don't speak up about what you're hiding. So come on, speak up. Unless you would prefer not to, in that case I'll make it so you can't ever speak up again, hmm?

Eric: F-forgive me! It's just that the next matchup is with a magician!

A magician? Surely that can't be all it is, I'm sure some more powerful magicians would be a problem, but I doubt anyone of that level would be here at risk of dying. I look up from my contemplation to see him still fidgeting, I see how it is...