Chapter 3

The next morning when I went into my kitchen to see the exact amount of money I waved from the boys the night before sitting on my counter with a note.

Now you owe me. Ill stop by the diner when I get the chance.

-Niall

I smiled and folded the note in half. I shouldnt get my hopes up though. Hell probably forget about me by the time he gets the chance to see  me.

~

Its been a week since Niall played Mr. Macho abd I still havent heard of him. I knew itd bite me in the ass if I let myself think he wanted to see me again.

For leving the diner without cleaning it fully that night I got stuck with over time again. My ankle made a full recovery, I guess thats a plus.

5-9 is our busiest time of day and Im right in the middle of it. I need to get out of here. My feet hurt, my arms hurt, my head hurts, and Im exausted. God, please just kill me now.

I was loading up my trays when I dropped a salad plate and it smashed onto the floor in a hundred tiny pieces. "Nice move S.A, did they teach you that in what you call 'football'?" Katherine, the bitchest coworker ever asked me as she filled her tray. They all call me S.A. for Stupid American everytime I mess up (which is 75% of the time).

I stopped cleaning for a minute and looked up at her, "No, Kat," I said with the sweetedt voice I could muster up,"But nice nose job, though, did you pay for it with your stripper money?"

She gapped at me for a minute, then storm-rolled away. "Damn, someone must not be having a very good day with their best friend, Kat."

I looked up,"Oh my, God!" It was Niall. Not that I wasnt suprised to see him, but I was suprised to him, at my public job, in the middle ofrush hour.

I got up, grabbed his hand, and pulled in the back room and shut the door, "What are you thinking?! Walking into a crowded restruant when youre --you!" I said.

"Accually, Ive been here for about 10 minutes, you rolled past me like four times." Niall said.

"I did?"

"Yeah," He said,"I thought I made a good impression, I guess not."

"No. You did," Pulling my ponytail so is was tighter,"Ive just had a really hetic day."

"I see that," He smiled at me,"Come and hang out with me."

"Now?" I asked. He nodded.

"I cant just leave, Niall. I have to work." I said.

Niall scoffed dramatically and looked appaled,"Youd rather hang out with Kat then me?"

"Of course I wouldnt!" I said.

"Great," He lit up,"Then lets go."

"Niall-"I started.

"I wont take no for an answer."

I sighed and smiled,"Okay." I quickly changed my shoes and grabbed my bag,"Ready?"

"Yes." Niall beamed. I started for the door I closed when he stopped me.

"What?" I asked.

"Theyre going to see you."

"Well we cant go through the emergency exit." I said.

"Why not?" He frowned.

I scoffed," Because the alarm will go off."

"Sounds like a plan. 1..." Niall said as he walked towards the emergecy door.

"Niall dont, well get in trouble," I said as I followed him.

"No we wont," He said, "2..."

"Niall I swear to God if you go though that door Im not coming with you."

"Yes you are," Niall said before grabbing my hand with one of his and placing the other on the door handle, "3!"