Tainted Crush (S.S) pt2

Gn!Hufflepuff!Reader

You hummed quietly to yourself as you walked down the hall to the Hufflepuff common room, eager to put your bag down and meet with Sebastian and Ominis for supper. You greeted a few students as you walked in, petting the soft feathers of an owl that perched itself on the rail of the steps as you walked up them. Poppy greeted you at the top, smiling a devious smile. "Hey there, y/n! I have something to deliver to you." You looked at her, confused, as she pulled out a small box. "I was asked to hand this to you." You took it from her hands, peaking inside. "Candy? Who gave you this?" You asked, picking one out of the box and inspecting it. Poppy shrugged, "Leander told me to give it to you, saying it was a gift for beating him in some game you played." Your face relaxed a bit, nodding as you thanked her. Poppy smiled and excused herself, walking down the stairs and to one of her friends.

You walked to your room, placing your bag onto the floor beside your bed as you sat down, looking at the candy. You weren't quite friends with the Gryffindor boy, but you did interact with him a bit, and you knew that it would be rude to not at least eat one of the candies. You sifted through the assortment, grabbing at random and popping it into your mouth. Its sweet taste flooded your tastebuds as you chewed, the aftertaste felt odd, however. You had tried to figure out what the aftertaste was when your mind seemed to haze, your body beginning to feel fuzzy. Leander's face popped into your mind, and you felt yourself thinking about him, much as you tried to fight it. Eventually, he was all your mind thought about, and you smiled to yourself as you looked down at the box, the candies tempting you for another bite.

Sebastian sat beside you and Ominis, talking about the new spell you had learned in charms, asking Ominis how he felt about it. Ominis shrugged, claiming it was rather easy to learn, while you kept silent, leaning into the palm of your hand as you looked across the hall. "Hey, are you even listening to me?" Sebastian asked, bumping into your shoulder. After the Potions session a week or two before hand, the two of you confessing to each other and then trying to interrogate Ominis, you and Sebastian had gotten together, much to Ominis' delight. "Finally, I don't have to hear you whine about your feelings," He had said. Sebastian waited for you to answer, bumping your shoulder again. "Hmm, yeah I'm listening." You hummed, not shifting your gaze. Sebastian narrowed his gaze at you, noticing how you had your gaze fixed. He followed it, landing at the Gryffindor table, a mix of blue and red dotting the table. "What's on your mind, then?"

"Leander." You swooned; a childish giggle left you as you smiled. Ominis choked and spit his drink out, coughing and gasping for air. Sabastian's face heated up in jealousy, causing him to frown. "Leander Prewett?" You nodded, watching as the boy in question talked to his friends. "Why are you thinking about that guy?" Sebastian scoffed. Leander wasn't the biggest fan of Sebastian, and Sebastian had to admit that he wasn't a fan of Leander either, growing annoyed by him. He always found something to blame on Slytherins, and seemed to hold a grudge against Sebastian after he bested him in a duel on the first day of fifth year. Sebastian hadn't even seen you talk to Leander before. You sighed, pulling Sebastian from his thoughts. "He gave me candy. They were really good too." You said, pulling one from your pocket. Ominis' head snapped up, looking in your direction. "Candy?" He asked, and Sebastian quickly snatched the candy from your hand.

"Don't eat that!" He shouted, reaching into the pocket you had taken the candy from, finding thwo more pieces. Ominis furrowed his brow, "How many did he give you?" You shrugged, counting your fingers. "Hmm...maybe...Ten? I think that's it." Sebastian felt panic rise in his chest, eyes widening. "Ten? You have three left!" Ominis found your shoulder, looking for your face. "Smells sweet, too sweet for candy." He noted, looking over to Sebastian, who sat there, shocked and upset. "You're sure Leander gave you these?" He asked, watching as you nodded. He grabbed your shoulders, turning you to him. His eyes widened as he took in your features, your eyes glazed over and pupils dilated. Your usual skin tone was replaced by a deep pink, and your face was extremely relaxed. Sebastian cursed under his breath, grabbing your face, and checking for anything else that was out of the ordinary.