Ch. 15 - Running Like Water

Comenzar desde el principio

"You been alright?" Elliot whispered. "You haven't been answering your phone..."

Elliot and Zekai stared at him waiting for a response, yet Gabe couldn't muster up anything besides an awkward chuckle.

"I've been..." Gabe began to say. Having a mental breakdown over the next stage of our relationship, a walk, no, a dragging down memory lane over my parent's abandonment of me?

"It's just been..." Hard to figure out what I want, what I need. How to commit to relationships since I don't want to be abandoned.

Gabe awkwardly laughed again, clenching his fists. Zekai looked lost while Elliot looked almost, understanding? Elliot was staring into his soul as if he was reading his mind.

"No idea what you're talking about dude not gonna lie..." Zekai began to say, shrugging.

"Zekai..." Elliot nudged him, looking at the bearded man in the eyes.

The two stared at each other for a couple seconds, Gabe couldn't see Zekai's face and Elliot's was emotionless. It was as if the two were reading each other's minds with how intently they were staring.

Zekai awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, mumbling and "oh".

"I understand," Zekai said as he turned back to Gabe.

What the fuck? Gabe thought.

"What just happened?" Gabe frowned.

"I read his mind," Zekai wiggled his fingers and made oooky spooky noises.

Gabe couldn't see Elliot's reaction but he assumed he rolled his eyes. The small man was completely hidden behind Zekai's big ti- body.

"You just stared at Elliot and suddenly understood what was going on. Am I supposed to act like that's just normal?" Gabe tilted his head with a smile.

"Yeah it happens all the time in Hellllllensburgh," Zekai began to say.

"Helensburgh, Sweden?" Gabe asked. "Is that where you're from?"

"Yeah... Yeah! I am," Zekai sheepishly smiled, Elliot sighing quietly.

"Alright..." Gabe didn't believe a word this man was saying.

It had been on his mind for a while that something was off with Zekai.

How a twenty-one-year-old could look like that was just crazy. Zekai was bigger than some bodybuilders Gabe had seen. Genetics was something Gabe didn't understand really but could they truly be just that good?

Zekai was keeping something from him and Gabe wanted to get to the bottom of it.

"Is there something you're not telling me, Zekai?" Gabe suddenly asked, trying to catch Zekai off guard.

Turning, Zekai's eyes were wide before he smiled and calmed down.

"Nothing besides that I wanna have crazy rough s-" Zekai's mouth was covered by Elliot's hand.

Gabe laughed as the class's professor walked into class.

***

Gabe sat down on the couch after a long day at work, Aiden was out of the apartment and Dom was babysitting the kid he watched and was picking them up food. Since it was late Dom should be home any minute.

Opening Aiden's laptop that Gabe borrowed, Gabe knew he should be doing homework but he had one question on his mind.

What is up with Zekai?

Typing in, Helensburgh Sweden, Gabe was shocked at the results, or lack thereof.

Helensburgh, Sweden did not exist.

Gabe frantically typed in multiple different spellings that he could think of. Nothing, only a small town in Scotland was coming up.

Did Zekai get his home country wrong somehow? Surely not, Zekai seemed to be a little bit dumb but not that dumb.

His heart beat in his chest, Zekai was lying. What else was he lying about?

Elliot sighed when Zekai said he was from Helensburgh. Maybe he knew the truth?

But what was so important was that Zekai lied to keep himself from being found out.

Gabe cleared out the search bar and quickly typed in Zekai.

Results varied but one caught Gabe's eye. It was for somewhere called the Western Michigan Institute of Discovery and its link was purple.

Aiden had visited this link before.

Its link had no description on it which was strange, normally you would be able to read a sentence or two from the site to see if it was worth checking out.

In fact, the whole first page had no descriptions. That wasn't all, there were various links for other places with a name similar to the Western Michigan Institute of Discovery. Illinois, Ohio, and all of the midwest had at least one. Except for Wisconsin which seemed to have none.

Gabe clicked on the Western Michigan site and was promptly met with nothing but a login. Aiden had his email filled in already but sadly there was no password.

LogIn: Aiden.Romano@WestMI.pack

What would Aiden make his password? Gabe knew it had to have something to do with Dom, but what?

After various attempts to unlock the website, Gabe groaned throwing his head back.

Gabe knew he needed to get to the bottom of this before he even considered furthering his relationship with the two. But how was he supposed to get this information.

Hopefully Dom had an idea, but Gabe knew betting on Dom was like betting on a turtle to win a race. Small chance of success, but not completely unlikely.

Aiden himself had looked up Zekai, probably recently, and knew the answer to whatever he was looking for. Which brought up the questions. Maybe Aiden had told Dom? But then why not tell him?

Gabe had so many questions.

Why were there a bunch of businesses across the country with information on Zekai?

Why was Aiden involved with one?

A/N:

Sorry for the delay, work has been a lot and my free time dwindles at the randomest moments. Recently too my glasses broke (twice) and I had to get a replacement which meant everything was blurry oof. Literally had them tapped together for bit and then they broke in another spot and I couldn't fix it with tape, hot glue, and desperation.

I could post a pic on my twitter (@14mek) if yall would like.

Feel free to check out my patreon! It's patreon.com/mek_14

Theres currently a Patreon exclusive Valentine's day chapter up on it where we explore a bit of Volveth and Jaxon's "situationship" currently going on. Theres also a plethora of NSFW chapters and more coming (No I am not making a joke here!) soon.

Thanks for the support! <3

-MEK