I picked at the soup and gave it a weird look and Lay just watched me "do you even know what that is? Lay laughed

"Soup" I kept it short and simple

"Yea but have you ever had this kind of soup?"

"Uh yes" I lied as I placed my spoon in the soup tasting it "see" I smiled.

Lay laughed and shook her head "you like it?"

"Yes it's not as bad as I thought"

"I knew you never had it before" Lay said catching me in me lie as she used her knife and fork to cut her steak

"Umm so like what are we? Lay asked me out of the blue catching me off guard and I gave her a confused look

"What are we? What you mean?"

"Like.. sense we did what we did and your taking me out on a date, What do we call this? friends with benefits or?"

I opened my mouth and and raised my eyebrows " FRIENDS with BENEFITS?

wowww I'm friend zoned.

" I mean ... you never asked me to be your girlfriend or nothing and you did ghost me so"

"Well I didn't want to make you uncomfortable knowing that you already not a stud for stud type of girl ya' know? I don't want you to be embarrassed by me. I want you to feel comfortable with walking and holding hand in public and I see your not there yet"

"But I - I am. I think"

"Then kiss me. Right now" I said looking her in her eyes

"Like here? Infront of everybody? Lay asked as she looked around

"My point exactly" I said as I picked at my soup.

Her being embarrassed to kiss me infront of people upset me.. then she got the nerve to ask me what we are. We not gone be shit if she can't kiss me infront of folks. I mean I get it. She's not use to dating studs whatsoever but, I know she likes me. So I don't know what the problem is.

"No, it's not that it's just-"

"Your embarrassed" I said cutting her off as a frown grew on my face

"Ok. I'll do it"

"No, you don't have to"

"I want to" Lay smiled. "I know I'm not big on the stud for stud thing but I'm comfortable with you for some odd reason. I'll have to get over this someday. I don't want to be embarrassed by you" she said as she leaned and picked my chin up "I caught myself falling for you Z" Lay spoked looking deeply in my eyes and I smiled.

"But what if-" before I can finish my sentence Lay lips were already placed onto mine. It didn't last long and I can tell Lay was still a little worried about what other people would think but I didn't care . She showed me that she actually likes me and that she can get over her fear of what other people think. I know it'll happen someday. I'll just have to give it time.

Before anything else can come out of my mouth my phone began to ring. I looked at who it was and it Glo. Maybe it important. "I'll be right back, I have to take this call" I said getting up from my seat and Kay nodded give me permission to go

I picked up my phone walking into the girl's restroom "wsp?"

——————————————————————

LAY POV

It's been about 5 minutes sense Z left to answer the phone. Why couldn't she just talk here? Is it another girl?

Questions flew all around my head as I grew a little angry.

Just as I was about to start bussin the rest of my food down I was rudely interrupted when I was bumped into.

"Oh I am so sorry I didn't see you here"

I rolled my eyes eyeing this girl that seemed to be a short fem. "What you blind or sum"

"Well, I don't have my glasses on so I am a little blind today" she said laughing. Ian find shit funny

"Well maybe you shouldn't leave the house without 'em on"

She smacked her teeth "I'm sorry sexy I'll look before walking next time"

Sexy? Now she tryna seduce me.

"It's all good ma" I said as she out her hand out to mine.

"Im Lola" she said with a big ass smile. Her teeth were so pretty

I shook her hand. "Call me Lay"

"How bout I call you tonight?" She said still smiling

Oh. She smooth wit it.

"Uh" I said scratching the back of my neck. I know if I give this girl my number and Z walks out she gone be pissed. "I can't.. um Im actually here with somebody"

"Oh ok my bad. Is it like a date? like y'all together or what?

I strugged my shoulders "uh yes, somthing like that"

She began looking around as if she was waiting for somebody to come out "well ok sorry about bumping into you again, maybe I'll see you around"

"It's all good ma" I said as she waved me bye and began walking away to only turn back around.

"Oh um... I know this may be too much to ask for but I have this big ass bag in my car that I've been struggling to get out. Could you like help me?"

I hesitated for a moment "uh I don't think tha-"

I was cut off "pleaseeee it'll be quick I promise" she pouted her lips

She so cute. How could I say no. Ill be back before Z come back.

"Ok. But it have to be quick" I said as I got up following her to exit out of the restaurant

She speed walked out the restaurant and into the parking lot we're I supposed her car was.

She led me to this red truck and opened the back door where I seen this big ass bag in the middle of the floor. I saw something move in the front seat..I thought I seen someone. Like a light skin girl? I quickly looked up to get another glance but before I knew it I felt a sharp needle feeling pain in my neck and everything grew quiet and dark.