Chapter 22

____________________________Your POV_____________________________

It was a normal day, and you were getting your horse ready for the expedition once more.

"Hey, (F/N)" Eren says.

"Hey, Eren what's up?" You ask.

"Oh, nothing much, I was just wondering if your ready for this expedition?" He questions slightly nervous.

"Yep, I'm ready, but you look a bit nervous, mind telling me why?" You ask.

"O-oh, i-its nothing, I'm just having problems with something is all." Eren says trying to avoid the topic.

"Let me guess, its about Mikasa, right?" You say and Eren's face is brighter than a tomato.

"H-h-how d-do you k-know?!" He stutters.

"Eren, its pretty obvious that you have some sort of feelings towards her, though I always thought you looked at her like a sister." You say.

"W-well, the reason I did that was because-" He started, but you interrupted.

"Because, you thought that was the best way to keep the way things are now, is that correct?" you ask.

Eren nodded.

"I want to know if you could help me out?" He asks and you let out a long sigh.

"Eren, listen, I can't help with your feelings, after all they are your feelings, but I will say this in life you'll realize that there is a purpose for every person you meet. Some are there to test you, some will use you, some will teach you, and then there will be that one person that brings out the best in you. If that person brings out the best in you and you bring out the best in them, then you know that you are meant to be." You say, but continue to talk.

"But, if you ask me, I would say you two are meant to be because you bring the best out of each other without even trying."

Eren's expression relaxes in one of relief and happiness.

"Thank (F/N), I think I will confess after this expedition." Eren says before walking away.

You turn back to your horse and think to yourself 'kids these days are really lucky to have the confidence to confess. But, then again I'm going to confess too after this expedition.'

"Hey (F/N)." You hear Levi's voice behind you.

"Yeah, do you need something Levi?" You question.

"Your wearing that hat to the expedition?" He asks.

"Oh, you mean my fedora, yeah why?" You ask him.

"That's the hat you first showed up in, isn't it?" Levi continues to ask.

"Yes, it is why?" You ask back.

"Nothing important, but it does suit you I guess." Levi says.

"Okaaay, I guess, but I have to get ready so I'll see you later." You say.

"Whatever, stupid brat." He says before quickly walking off.

'Well, that was odd.' You think.

——————————————————-Time Skip——————————————————

You are currently in front of the gate, waiting for the expedition to begin.

Erwin is giving his speech, after he's done he shouts "FORWARD!!!".

Everybody charges forward beyond the gate.

"Two 7-meter titans are on the right!" a cadet shouts.