"AJ honey!"

I turn to see Granny coming from behind the counter coming towards me as fast as she can with her arms out ready getting ready to give me a hug. I meet her where she is and give her a big hug she is a bit shorter than me so my arms go around her shoulders I wince a little as her arms tighten around my waist I was hoping she didn't hear it but even though she's old she still can detect anything even the tiniest things.

"What happen dear did somebody hurt you if they did I'm gonna wack them right in the- " but I cut her off.

"I'm fine granny my pants were too tight on my waist and it left a small bruise but I'm fine," I said with a fake smile that I perfected over the years. I didn't like lying to her but I didn't want her to know what happens to me she might be disgusted or might not want to talk to me again I can't risk losing them they are the only people I feel comfortable with.

"Ok.. but at least come to the back so you can get something in your system I feel like every time you come here you get skinnier and skinnier," she said I mean I can't blame her I do feel like I'm getting skinnier every day that's why I always wear baggy clothes, sometimes they're just comfortable but most times it's to hide the fact that I get starved and sometimes abused. But I don't want to take advantage of her so I smile softly as I shake my head politely declining.

"Darling I already know what you're thinking but you are not taking advantage of me I would love to feed you every time you come but you never let so just this once hm?" she asked looking at me in the eyes. Damn you eye contact that's my biggest weakness. I sigh but nod not wanting to upset her.

She smiles brightly at me pulling my hand to make sure I'm following her as she makes her way through the crowd toward the break room. When we get to the back she sits me down in a chair as she goes to the kitchen to get what I assume is a muffin. As she comes back I get a whiff of the greatest smell. Blueberry muffins! If I was a child I would probably be bouncing in my seat.

She could obviously see my excitement because her smile grows impossibly bigger which I enjoy seeing. She places them down in front of me but I don't take one just in case she didn't want me to yet.

"Come on dear eat I didn't poison ya!" She says with a hint of playfulness in her voice. I can also hear some type of Southern accent as she speaks. I just nod with a smile on my face before digging in while he asks me questions about school and sometimes home life. o f course I had to tell her some lies or avoid the question which I didn't appreciate doing but I had to.

Once I finish eating I give her a big hug and say goodbye and wave to Lizzy telling her I'm heading out.

As I walk down the street I decide to go to my favorite spot. The local playground. I've been here for 1 year that's the longest I have ever stayed at a house usually I'm running away by the second week there but this time I couldn't because the people in charge of the orphanage said if I didn't stay this time they would kick me out because they can't keep accepting me back without reason I never thought I would keep doing this just until I was old enough to move out but I guess it came early and I never told them what happens at these houses because I didn't want them to think I was weak or that I was lying since every time we meet them they look all perfect but they never last by the time we get to the house. Now I know I just had to learn the hard way.

I suddenly reach an alleyway but when I look inside I see 3 people holding something that looks like a gun. A gun? Holy shit it's a gun! I get duck down and hide behind a trash bin making sure they didn't see me.

I'm not getting involved.

I try sneaking away but of course, bad luck hits me where it always hurts as I accidentally step on an old stick that so happens to snap. Loudly. But before I could react I hear footsteps coming my way. No no no no no no. I try running but get stopped when a hand grabs my arm. Hard.

"What the hell? Who are you? and What are you doing spying on u- " but before he could continue I threw a hard punch towards his face that sends him stumbling back a little but he still has a hard grip on my arm which happens to get tighter. I can't see his face but I know I got him in the nose.

He groaned as I try to get my arm out of his grasp. God, why is he so strong? As I struggled I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my arm the last thing I heard was a deep voice saying something about doing that earlier before everything went black.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like my story please give it a VOTE and make sure to COMMENT this is my first chapter so If you want longer chapters make suqre to COMMENT!
-Niyah

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you like my story please give it a VOTE and make sure to COMMENT this is my first chapter so If you want longer chapters make suqre to COMMENT!-Niyah