IV

Today's the day! The day we take the tour! Excitement bubbles through me like carbonation in a freshly opened soda pop as I carefully twist my hair into a braid. After finishing my braid, I walk into the living room and see Vincent and Tifa preparing the provisions to take with us. We each get two bottles of water and a few bags of nuts and dried fruit to eat during the tour. 

Aerith and I apply some natural bug repellent that I found at the bazaar and set my tennis shoes by the door, that way I don't forget them when we get ready to leave. "Can someone run by with me what this schedule for the tour is?" I hear Yuffie ask.

"I'll run over everything just before we leave, but we need to hurry as we need to leave soon," I call out. "So finish what you are doing and grab your travel snacks."

It doesn't take long for Yuffie to come out and get everything together. Cloud comes into the living kitchen shortly after, holding onto his bag. "Alright, let's get this over with," the spiky blonde groans. 

"Okay, we are supposed to meet someone in front of the hotel, which will lead us to the tour site. Afterward, they will introduce us to our tour guide. From there, we will be taking the tour. It doesn't say how long the tour is, so hopefully, it shouldn't be any later than a few hours." I explain, pulling out that note from the envelope. "Our meet-up time is at one thirty, which is in ten minutes. The Jenovians are very punctual and strict about time." 

"Well, before we leave, let's make sure that we have everything, and that we all don't have to use the bathroom before we leave," Aerith suggests. 

After checking off the items we packed, I put the tickets into my wallet and put on my tennis shoes. We depart and lock up our hotel room, then head outside. I start looking around for the man we are supposed to meet, but I don't see anyone other than tourists. "So, do we know who we are looking for?" Tifa asks.

"I don't know who we are looking for," I say, remembering the lack of detail on the note. "Hopefully, he will arrive soon." 

"Pardon me, but are you the occupants of Room 3-17?" a man's voice questioned us. We turn and find two men standing behind us. One has short blonde hair and is wearing a white suit, while the other has long sleek black hair and is wearing a black suit standing behind us. "Yes, we are," Aerith answers. "Who are you?"

"Pardon me for disturbing your meeting, but please allow me to introduce myself," the blonde hair man speaks. "My name is Rufus Shinra.  I am the owner and operator of this hotel. I was the one who gifted you the tickets for the tour."

"Oh, it's a pleasure sir," I say.

Rufus looks at me and smiles a little, questioning, "I take it that you are the beautiful woman that Reno was bothering?"  

I nod in response. Rufus sighs, "I simply came to apologize for Reno's behavior. I don't often do this for our guests, but after receiving that complaint, I knew this was a more interesting case. Reno has never gone to the lengths that he did toward you all. My goal for this hotel is to provide a wonderful experience while you stay here."

"Well, we do appreciate your generosity," Tifa replies. 

"I'm glad you are all able to go and enjoy this. My associate, Tseng, will take you to the site where the tour will begin." Rufus explains. "I would love to take you myself, but I must stay here and operate my hotel. I do hope you understand."

"Oh, it's not a problem at all. It has been wonderful to meet you, Mr. Shinra," I extend my hand out to shake his, which he takes and shakes my hand. 

"Please, call me Rufus. Mr. Shinra is my father." He smiles. "Now, I must be going. Tseng will tell you some of our regulations for the tour on the way to the site. Please enjoy yourselves and hopefully, this tour will be memorable for you all."