Chapter 30

AVENGER'S POV
The Avengers were all chilling in the lounge room deciding what film to watch and preparing snacks when tony came running in. This was the first time they had seem Tony run for something other than food. They were worried
"Guys, we have a BIG PROBLEM! Ok..so i was just looking through some things in my computer and I've found out that some Red Room documents from somewhere, which we also have were opened by a connection in the tower. Now. It's save you the hassle of thinking. It was Emma. I just know it is. No one in the company would have any idea or the time to do something like this.
This isn't even the worst thing about it. She managed to find a photo of her mum and Nat talking after her supposed death!
Now i don't know about you, but i can imagine that she's going to be pissed about the breach of trust, which is why I'll let you deal with it whilst i try and find out how this photo was captured"
And then he was gone again before anyone could fully process the information and stop him he was gone.

Plus if tony wanted to stay in his lab, he could. You could do nothing against it. He was gone for the time being.

But that's not what mattered right now. Emma had managed to find something it which they were trying to explain to her in the worst way possible. Everyone was worried. They hadn't even began they're team building exercises yet.

Nat was worried how Emma would react to her. Honestly, it seemed that everything with them was going downhill. She couldn't stop it. It was if the world was against her in all the good she wanted to do. The rest of the team knew that this would make her hate them even more and what probably cause them to drift. All they wanted was to help her. Bruce even wanted her as an intern. They wanted her to go back and have fun in her normal life. It's what she deserved.

Everyone knew that Emma was already struggling with the weight of being trapped in the tower. They couldn't imagine how she felt right now. They assumed she would be sulking, and upset about the situation which was not technically a lie.
That's the thing about assumption. It doesn't mean you're correct and can make you underestimate people

——————————————————————
EMMA'S POV
I woke up yet again but with a new mentality. I was sick of playing the damsel in distress card. I knew I still had my powers from being struck by that weird gun whilst on patrol as the Menace, which I hid in the red room. I need an escape and there's no better time than the present than to test these powers.

I'm not stupid enough to attempt to use my powers openly in my room as these people probable have cameras. So I went into the bathroom and shut the door.

As I faced myself in the mirror, I realised I needed to fix my appearance. That's step 1 of helping myself.

I shouldn't be dwelling on the past. What's done is done, I can't change that easily but what I can do is change what I do in the future. I need to earn trust whilst also getting a grip on my powers so when the time comes I'll be able to escape. It's not like I'll want to stay here even if they are nicer to me.

I need the Stark-band on my ankle off or these powers will be worth nothing if I can't even leave the building.

Once I've fixed my appearance in order to think more positively, and start. And oh my god this might have been the worst decision of my life.
——————————————————————
First I need to be able to summon my powers by will. Fortunately I've had no outbreaks since the last time I tried using them which is a miracle.

I could pull some strands of whatever this power is for a couple of second before it fizzled away unlike last time.

I tried this for at least 30 minutes with no improvement. I mean come on I wasn't going to master this in 30 minutes was I?