𝖷. 𝖣𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗆𝗂𝗇'

X. Dreamin'

————————⇅——⇅————————

Question to you: have you ever guilt-tripped somebody? Or even felt like you did? Because that's how my mental state's rolling right now. I've walked out of the secluded area & went to my car. I revved up the engine & sat still for a moment, still savoring the luxurious new car smell inside, & I, at least, know how that feels.

I've connected the phone via Bluetooth & the music began playing throughout the speakers of the interior. It was playing rap, but I've felt like listening to techno, so I changed the song.

Nokae - Interim — The Arcadium

I drove from the lot & I passed the spot where Veronica's car was.

"She must be on her way over to where I directed her to."

I entered the bustling roadway & went with the flow of traffic. It was pretty slow, got stuck in a few traffic jams before entering the highway. I was going 85 MPH, as what the speedometer says on the dashboard. The cars speed by as if they're in the Daytona 500 in the U.S., & it sure feels that way to me, in my opinion. Hours pass, & I finally turn off the highway & onto an empty freeway. 

The freeway took me through the countryside, with a beautiful sunset embedded within the clouds in the sky. The beauties of nature we take for granted, & it's right at our footsteps. I slowed the car to a stop off the side of the road, stepped out, & took a nice, long breath through the chilly, refreshing air. Sitting down onto the grassy plains, I take in the varying patterns of the clouds in the sunset like a photographer trying to capture the right angle of a photo of a red-bellied robin.

Seconds...then minutes...then hours go by, as I lay down on the lush, wind-flattened grass, tracing the sky as if it's my own masterpiece. Drowsiness started to overcome me, & without fighting the weight that's falling upon my eyes, I fell asleep.

I wake into a blank area, pure white. No red, black, blue, or whatever color you choose. The only thing the stands out in the vast landscape is an object that is bright red. I walk over to it. It was a tattered red hoodie with one of the sleeves missing, & has dry blood caked into the fabric.

"Must be in a dream... & how in the world did this happen to the hoodie?"

I set it back down & kept walking forward, where I managed to come across a photo with four figures on it. Two of which I recognize as Tom & Edd, don't really recognize the ginger haired guy. On the right side of the photograph, dried blood soaked into the picture where another person is standing beside Edd. It's barely audible, so all I could do was guess who it was.

"Maybe it might be Red L-....no.. but-- could it, though?"

I folded the photo into my pocket & continued walking on, seeing more things related to the past life of Red Leader. A German WWI helmet, a harpoon that has a small piece of red fabric attached to the tip of the spear, & a wreckage of red metals litter the ground I'm standing on. I walk up to what appears to be a robotic arm the exact same as Red L. I reached down & picked it up to examine it.

And that was when the landscape started to shatter like glass into a void of nothingness. The noise was reverberating everywhere, & there's no way to block it.

I tried running to avoid falling in but it was no use, it caught up to me & my foot slipped onto the edge, dragging me down into the void. It felt like forever I've fallen until I landed on something cushiony. I looked behind & down from where I was, nothing.