𝖵𝖨𝖨𝖨. 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖧𝗂𝖽𝖾𝗈𝗎𝗍

Chapter VIII. The Hideout

————————⇅——⇅————————

"We've been trying to get access to you since the moment you were captured." He said a bit rapidly.

"I.. didn't know that, being honest with ya'."

"With greetings aside, have you found any intel on the Red Army?" He asked me with sincerity in his tone, that I felt as if I got goosebumps erupting on my skin. "Plus, you need to tell me with haste, because it took quite a bit to get through the encryptions of the system, & they might go off if I'm in for too long."

"Okay, okay..." I'm stressing a bit, feeling my body temperature overheat. "I know that..." I explain all I've learned & some stuff I'm still trying to understand, as well as the current task he gave me.

"That's... quite a bit of info..." He held those last few words. "Oh, gotta go, time's about up."

"Alright, catch'ya later." I hung up the phone, turned in my chair, & stretched because I was stiff.

"I want to leave this place, but, I feel like I don't want to; look at the luxury I'm livin' in! Why would I wanna give this up? 'He' saw the potential in me. 'He' gave me this. 'He' is the reason why I'm not dead yet!"

I realized I was straining my facial muscles the more I spoke to myself. What easy way to get wrinkles, like I don't need no Botox. I pressed play on my playlist & it continued the song it was playing until it was over, then played the next song. During that time period, I opened the file I set on my desk & started to work.

⇅Dance with me — Diplo, Thomas Rhett, Young Thug⇅

"Had another dream, about you. These days, only thing I do..."

I put the song on repeat & after a good 30 seconds, I've set up everything I needed.

"It's in one ear, and out the other. I see you lookin' at me, but you with another..."

I grab the phone & placed it in my pocket, still playing music through the AirPods I have in my ears, then grabbed the rifle & hoisted it on my back & walked on out the door.

"Dance with me, dance with me. Play that song, like baby, 1, 2, 3..."

I walked to the garage of the base, which is actually a hanger being used for many engineering purposes. Paul was talking with someone & noticed me walking through, so he halted his conversation & went over to me.

"Needing keys I'm assuming?" He asked, smoking a cigarette in the vicinity.

"Yes, particularly for a compact car." I said. I then told him the specifics & he handed me the keys to the vehicle.

"Here ya' go," he says, handing me the keys to a black Honda Civic SI, with the red army logo on the side doors.

I enter in the car, & I look around the interior: a large touchscreen in the center, outlined with a sleek, glossy black wood, the material around the ceiling & the doors a black color, red lighting under the edges of the door, & leather seats, plus a stick shift, since I'm more comfortable riding in those types of vehicles.

I turn on the vehicle & the engine roars to life. The music from my phone went to the speakers of the Honda, & it had a nice bass effect to it. I change the song since repeat was making me tired.