DL #14 Shadow

Shadow

[Vox]

I'm here standing while watching Shoto talking to a guy with a big and bright smile on his lips. My forehead creased when Shoto suddenly wrapped his arms around that guy's arm and leaned his head on his shoulder.

What the fuck?

If the stares were deadly, maybe the one Shoto was talking to would have been killed a while ago.

I came back to myself when Shoto's dad suddenly spoke and was already next to me.

"Si-"

"It's dad." He immediately cut me off, I just scratched the back of my neck.

"Okay, dad," I repeat.

"I'm really going to sulk when you only call my wife mom," he said and I smiled at what he said.

"Okay dad, noted," I said with a wink and he chuckled.

I looked back at Shoto, he was still doing the same thing, so the annoyance I felt returned.

"I just notice." I turned my attention back to the person next to me when he spoke again.

My brows snapped together, "Notice what?"

He chuckles before answering, "I can see on your face you're ready to kill someone right now."

My eyebrows raised as I realized something, am I that obvious? I fake a cough and stand properly.

"Uhmm, do I? you saw it-" I didn't finish my word when he spoke.

"I know what I saw because I used to be like that with my wife," he said.

I was just speechless looking at him, 'damn' I just shook my head and chuckled.

"I just don't like the way Shoto wraps his arms around that guy," I said.

"You're jealous."

I smile, "Yes, I'm jealous because Shoto never likes me. He's a brutal person when it comes to me but to other people, he's so sweet like candy." I explained I can see him in my peripheral vision shaking his head as he pats my shoulder and hides in the living room and sits next to his wife who is also sitting there.

"Vox dear come, sit with us." Shoto's mom called me, I smiled awkwardly as I approached them and scratched the back of my neck.

I looked at Shoto who was already looking at me blankly, what was his problem? I just shook my head and ignored him as I sat down on the single sofa near him.

"Have you had a snack, Vox?" Shoto's mom asked me and I just shook my head in answer. "Here I bake these cookies have a bite, tell me what it tastes like." she handed me a plate of cookies I looked at the plate first before taking one. I kinda feel awkward when she stares at me as I take a bite of a cookie.

I chew the cookie in my mouth after that I smile, "It tastes so good." I said she smiled at my answer.

"That's good to hear honey," she said cheerfully.

I smile and continue eating the cookie in my hand when I feel someone staring at me, I roamed my eyes inside the living room when my eyes stop on Shoto who was caught staring at me because he immediately turn his gaze back to his hand a smirk form in my lips, I just shook my head.

Minutes have passed and they are still doing the same, they we're talking about the past, they're themselves about the future and etc. And I was just there listening as I ate the cookie.

The afternoon came and this man named U-san said goodbye, Shoto's mom asked him to have dinner there but he said that someone was waiting at home, he said that he was only there for a moment. Shoto's mom did nothing and just agreed, this U-san promised to visit again and maybe next time he will bring someone with him. That's why the sad face of Shoto's mom now cleared up with what she said.

They took the man outside and Shoto came with me. I was just inside the house looking out the big window in their living room. I saw Shoto crying and not sending U-san home yet. He said something to U-San because he laughed. I couldn't hear what they were talking about.

My hands turn into a fist when the U-san guy kisses Shoto's forehead. I'm a possessive person I don't share what's mine. My vision darkened as I left where I was standing and thought of staying in Shoto's room first.

[Shoto]

I felt like someone was looking at me so I looked around but I didn't see anyone. It wasn't dark yet, but I felt cold so I hugged myself.

"You should go inside, you're cold." I looked up when U-san who was in front of me spoke.

"Okay, be careful on the way home," I said and smiled.

"I will." He kissed my forehead before waving goodbye.

After he left, we immediately entered the house.

"Shoto, honey you should take a rest upstairs and we'll just prepare something to eat for dinner." mama said and I just nodded before they headed to the kitchen.

I first went to the living room to see if Vox was still there but he was no longer there.

Maybe it's up there.

I said in my mind and headed up the stairs. While I was walking down our hallway to my room, I suddenly felt a nervousness that I didn't know where it came from.

As I approached the door of my room, my chest pounded more and more. And when I reached the door of my room, I slowly turned the doorknob and pushed.

A quiet and dark room welcomes me with the only light coming from the open young man. I hug myself when I feel the cold wind brush against my skin. I immediately closed the door and went to my open closet and closed it.

I turned around and I screamed softly when I saw the silhouette.

"What the fuck." I cursed under my breath.

I stared at the silhouette in front of me. It didn't move so I suddenly got nervous. I close my eyes tightly and open them I thought it would disappear but it's still there.

I felt my body tremble in fear. "Vox, is that you?" but it didn't answer.

I can feel my hands sweating. It's hard for me to breathe because I feel it. I screamed at the top of my lungs when I felt something grab my feet and everything went dark and I lost consciousness.

[Vox]

I was about to go up the stairs when I saw a black line of shadow so I frowned and decided to follow it. It was going to the back of the house, my brow furrowed even more as the shadow grew bigger and bigger when I suddenly heard a shout.

"Ahhh!"

I turned my back and looked up at the window on the second floor and a big black shadow appeared and that's when I realized everything.

"Fuck, Shoto noo!"

shan