16

"Luna!"

I turn around to see Mother Margarine running towards me, her face red from the fast pace.

"What?" I mumble, stroking the earth. I had come to the Kingdoms garden on my way back from Jace's as a distraction from my own thoughts to smell the freshly grown herbs and to look at the new blooms of petunias.

"Jace has arrived, so you must go too, the wedding will start soon."

In silence, I follow her back to the ceremony, only because I no longer care but to finish the job. The fucking honeymoon ritual is yet another burden I have to bear, but I'll make it through. Yes, I am humiliated by the fact that he fucks me and then another, I will never let it go. Ever.

I walk in the room and all the guests silence at my arrival, including my Father, who now stares right into my eyes. We hold that contact until I break it off - so much explaining to do later.

At the altar Jace stands, his eyes trying to find mine but I look down, only because the rage that is in me cannot stand to look at him and what he did minutes before.

"Luna." He whispers softly at my arrival, yet I stay silent. I can feel his expression falter but I do not care.

The vows rush through only because I pay no mind to it, and after all the boring stuff everyone is up on their feet again eating, drinking and having fun.

"My dearest Daughter." A voice behind me says, and I smile and hug my Father tightly.

"I've missed you Father," I grin. "You must be angry."
"Quite the opposite dear, yes I have been worried especially to find Thomas and the destruction with it, but word from Nightshades has made me feel relaxed again, since you will become Queen rather quickly, it is astonishing really."

"Oh yes, it is quick." I reply blatantly.

"But are you okay Luna? Because it is quick, I had fear that you weren't adjusting."

"I'm fine Father, really."

"Well please try to write to me, I will be waiting for your letters."

"Of course Father," I reply, hugging him once again. "Will you be staying longer?"

"I am afraid I must leave, there are tensions in Gardenia."

"Tensions?"

"There have been some attacks on the border, but it is minor. I have yet to investigate."

"Father, will you be alright? I must tell Jace," I instantly stop. Why did I say that? He doesn't give a shit about anything but himself, neither would he care about my pleas. I am Queen now, I can notify his subordinates myself. "I can handle it, we can send more troops just for Gardenia's aid."

"Well look at you giving orders," My father laughs, kissing my forehead. "Thank you my dearest, but you don't have to do that, you just settle yourself and get comfortable, leave it to the men."

"Father, don't." I mutter in annoyance.

"Leave it Luna, I will contact you soon, as you should as well. I'll be going now my dearest." He places another kiss on my forehead and walks away, but I am tense. Is Gardenia okay? Does it do me any good that I stay here? Regardless of what my Father says, I will confer with the subordinates - my subordinates.

"What are you thinking about?"

I turn around and see him - my stomach turns and revolts in response, my rage pulsing again. But I keep my cool.

"Nothing."

"Awfully quiet aren't you?"

"I've done what you wanted and now you're King so congratulations." I say quickly.

"Snappy."

I nod and turn to leave, but he grabs my wrist, his eyes finding mine. This time I let him, only because my response was nothing in return.

"Jace, leave me."

"What is up with you today? Your attention seems to lie elsewhere."

"As does yours." I snap back. I break free from his grip but like a lost puppy he follows my lead. I quicken my pace to the back door away from all the guests and in doing so, he follows.

"Would you like a bone?" I mutter in annoyance. What the fuck does he want from me now?

"If we are on bad terms could you atleast tell me why?" he says, his veiny arms stretched over my head and my own back now against the wall.

"Did I say we were on such terms?"

"Then what is the matter?" He frustratingly replies.

I jog away from his tangled arms and breathe in to calm the rage boiling inside my heart. I turn back to him and smile. "Nothing is the matter, your Majesty. If there are any more things I need to do in preparation for the throne, let me know."

With that, Jace's jaw clenches as a response, a solemn look displayed on his face. I grin and walk away, but where shall I go? I am already over this ceremony and the guests are all leaving, so my work is done for the day. I slip through a small door that leads directly to the hall where my own room is and go inside, relieved that I can finally take off this huge gown and wear something much more comfortable. I reach for my lace gown and take the pins off my hair, freeing them from all the tightness. I ring the bell for Mother Margarine, because I crave a strong hot cup of tea.

Mother Margarine arrives and I request what I need, and when she brings it in a tray along with pink cookies, I relish the warmth of the liquid and the sweetness of the cookies in bed.

"What a day." I sigh, pulling the blanket over my legs. My eyes close and I drift away to sleep.