Chapter 7 - Confession

Start from the beginning

What if Minho said yes...

"I... yeah Alby I just don't know how to tell her" Minho's voice was quiet but y/n had never heard clearer words.

He liked her back. The only thing they had to do now was say it. Out loud.

Y/n shifted again to hide her surprise. But then she decided to simply pretend to wake up and get her confession over with. Minho smiled a bit and rubbed her hand as he saw her open her eyes.

Y/n attempted to smile back but then suddenly a twinge of pain caused her to curl up and grimace. Minho seemed to flinch from seeing her in pain and he held y/n head in his hands.

Alby came over with the ice pack he had brought in and placed it on y/n's leg. He set down a sandwich frypan had made for y/n on the bedside.

Then he took a moment to look between y/n and Minho. The way he held her was gentle and caring. They were staring into each others eyes.

Alby didn't remember ever seeing any kind of... more than friendship. And this was the first time he had seen it the glade. Alby had frequently wondered if he used to have a s/o before arriving at the maze.

Despite his inexperience he knew that what was between Minho and y/n was love. The true kind.

"Why don't you tell her know" Alby muttered to Minho, then left the room.

He shut the door behind him. Y/n attempted to look confused by Alby's comment but she failed. She smiled widely.

"God your so beautiful" Minho attempted to choke the words out.

"And I'm so sorry for things I said yesterday. Y/n I really like you... its fine if you..." Minho coudn't even finnish his sentences.

Y/n coudn't speak at all. So she did the only other obvious thing. She leaned forward. Minho lowered himself to his knees, and with one last glance in each others eyes, asking permission, they kissed.

*☆*

Y/n's leg never really healed properly. But she got something much better from the whole situation. She got Minho. He got her.

They were together. And he rarely left her side since the moment of their first kiss.

The first week after her injury y/n was bedridden. She could sit up and eat but slept most of the time away. Her broken leg was continuously pulsing with pain but every morning it would be just a bit less to bear.

Minho would have every meal with her, which usually consisted of slow kisses and cuddling and of course eating. When the Gladers found out, which didnt take long, they never stopped teasing the pair.

During the second week, the new greenie arrived, named Clint. Right off the bat he seemed interested in a job related to medicine and healing so they named him the first "medjack". Named after their first, Jack.

It took a long while for y/n to accept Jack's death. She would cry some nights, thinking about his last moments. His death was unjustified. It wasn't some crazy sacrifice, he was just... gone.

But eventually she decided to honor his memory by thriving in the glade. Helping others and... escaping the maze. If that was ever going to happen.

The splint on y/n's leg was soon removed and replaced with a thicker cast-like wrapping they had requested from the box. Eager to do so, y/n stood up with Minho's help.

Then she walked to the benches to eat lunch with her arm slung over Minho's shoulder. From their on the improvement did slow down. Stopping just as they took her cast off, leaving y/n with a limp.

And 7 months later with Minho and y/n still as boyfriend girlfriend, y/n needed help standing up for long periods of time. Minho would frequently link their elbows. And be annoyed at every new greenie for asking y/n questions about her prominent limp.

The Glade continue to grow and improve. Clint now had a medjack apprentice Jeff, and every other area had grown in size. Frypan had a whole staff of help and Gally was the leader of the builders. Y/n had some friends in the gardens too.

After y/n's leg incident they had tried various other ways to escape. Like lowering someone into the box hole or trying to construct a long enough ladder to get on the maze walls. They all ended badly. And that shifted everyones focus to the maze.

The 7 gladers who had been there at the time were scarred from losing Jack. They knew from experience how dangerous the maze was and how important it was to get out of the Glade as soon as possible.

And without efforts to get out of this place, every boy would descend into madness. They would die out soon enough so therefore lose hope to even try and survive in the first place.

But Alby was stubborn. He valued every Gladers life and said that the risk was too great to look beyond the walls surrounding the Glade. He said they would die out before getting close to an escape if they entered the maze.

That angered y/n and many other gladers. They wanted to do something about it.

Though the homestead had expanded in size, the newest greenies eventually moved outside to hammocks, leaving the inside to the respected "elders" of the glade: Minho (builder), y/n (gardener), Alby (leader), Newt (second in command) and Gally (head builder).

Y/n enjoyed touring the greenies around. The other boys were always grumpy and never answered their questions so y/n took charge. Maintaining her reputation as the caring and kind mother-figure with a limp.

And of course, as Minho's girlfriend.

And that point was made from the start to every new greenie. They had rules for the glade they all swore their live too. And one of them was to keep hands off y/n. But Minho was very protective of her as well.

Once, when the new greenie was a big muscular guy who was very cautios from the start was starting to get dangerously defensive. He had been so confused and mad that when he climbed up the ladder he started pushing the boys crowded around.

Alby had been trying to calm him down, it was loud with shouts from everyone around. Y/n had stepped in but the greenie had pushed her hard and ran off.

The gladers all around had caught her though, and it had really done was just shake y/n up a bit with fear and suprise. But at first everyone was crowding around her and Minho was fuming.

He punched the greenie when he came back a few hours later. Minho was put in the slammer for a night, the greenie for a full week.

It had been some event, but jist another adventure of the gladers.

A/n: I hope you enjoyed!

Revision a/n: yall need to hear this:

So that guy at my school who looks like Minho is about the right age he would have been in the books.

So, i am convinced that the guy at my school is Minho  just before the events of the maze runner.

And not in a bad way at all towards the guy, ive never sooke to him. Just funny to think that "Minho" goes to my school.

- San-san❤️