Part 24

"You know" I mumbled again as her eyes focused on mine and her eyebrows furrowed a little.

"Y/N" she whispered squatting in front of me.

"Who told you?!" I asked feeling my chest burning a little, but she stood quiet, avoiding my eyes "Shuri! Who told you?!" I raised my voice.

"Riri..." she finally said as I opened my mouth feeling the anger building up in my stomach "But she didn't mean to...It just slipped out"

"Fuck" I sighed before gently removing Jack from my lap and quickly getting up while she followed me with her eyes.

My head was full. Part of me wanted to yell at Riri, know why she told Shuri when I made her promise she wouldn't, but it only took a second for that anger to change towards Shuri as I realized she knew and didn't even reach out. 

"How long do you know?!" I turned to face her as she carefully looked at me through her curls.

"A year..." she muttered "I found out the night you left"

"Oh" I chuckled turning my back once again as I started walking in circles around the lab, noticing Shuri making a sign with her hand so that the rest of the crew would leave "So...You know for a God damn year, and yet, I didn't even hear from you?"

"I thought" She got up taking a step closer to me.

"No! It's okay..." I trowed her a fake smile "It's not like we're married right? Not like, a year apart is a long time.." I shrugged my shoulders. 

"You were the one who chose to lie to me" She finally raised her voice taking a step back "You should've told me Y/N! We used to tell everything to each other, and something like this happens and you think it's better to tell me you cheated?!" she frowned her eyebrows.

"The other option wasn't better" I said feeling my voice crack as something popped into my head "Where's Omari?" I mumbled tilting my head. Shuri took a deep breath running her hand on her face as her eyes stopped on the floor. "What did you do?!" I raised my voice again walking towards her.

"Not here" She said shaking her head.

"Then where!?" I asked once again feeling a lump growing in my throat.

"What do you care?!" She finally looked up at me once again and I saw the anger in her eyes "I took care of her"

"Shuri..." I mumbled as the thought of Shuri hurting her ran through my head. "No..."

"She fucking hurt you!" she yelled as I took a step back feeling my eyes get a little foggy "And she would have done worse if M'Baku hadn't shown up! What's the problem!?"

"This is why I didn't tell you!" I kept my voice low as my eyes stared into hers "I didn't want you to hurt someone. Even her"

"Because I'm uncontrollable right?! I'm filled with anger and hatred. I love hurting people..." she kept yelling making my knees shake a little.

"I just didn't want you to be the Queen who killed a Wakandan!" I yelled back feeling Jack skimming against my legs again.

"Well... if I'm that horrible why did you even marry me in the first place?!" she said tilting her head as her eyebrows raised a little.

"I never said you were terrible Shuri!" I shook my head noticing her holding back an ironical smile "I married you because I love you. I've always had."

"Then why didn't you tell me?!" Her voice cracked as she took a step closer to me.

"It was too much. You've always been overprotective... I've had to clean so much blood off your hands throughout the years Shuri...I didn't want to have to do it again, especially not over this"

"So.... it was better to just lie? Make me want to hate you?" she whispered as she kept walking towards me.

"You could never hurt me...So yes..." I looked down at the floor trying my best to control my tears.

"I could never hate you" she said stopping in front of me. I could feel her curls skimming against my forehead, as her scent floated around me making my heart beat a little faster "Trust me...I tried to" she chuckled.

"You made me feel like a piece of trash" I mumbled looking at her "The things you said..."

"I know..." she sighed "I'm sorry"

"Are you apologizing?!" I chuckled using my hand to wipe off my face as she rolled up her eyes holding back a smile.

But there was something in me... I didn't quite understand what it was, but it wasn't good. Maybe a reluctant feeling about it. Was love supposed to be like this? Always going on and off? Always hurting each other? 

I felt Shuri's hands gently grabbing my waist as she gently pulled me closer, her nose skimming against mine as her eyes searched for something inside mine. I could feel my chest pacing as she came a little closer, my whole body shivering at her touch. And in that exact same moment, I felt a high pitch on my chest forcing me to pull away.

"I'm sorry" I whispered feeling my chin trembling once again "I'm sorry".

And with that, I turned my back quickly walking out of the lab, Jack happily following me as Shuri stood still in the same place watching me leave once again.