Part 18

Shuri didn't sleep in our room that night. I stayed up until 4 am waiting for her, but nothing. 

The sun was already up high, slightly burning my eyes and making me roll around the sheets covering my face with my arm and taking a deep breath before getting up.

"GRIOT" I called walking inside the bathroom.

"Yes" I heard.

"Can you tell me where Shuri is?" I asked feeling nervous about the answer.

"Queen Shuri asked not to be bothered" GRIOT spoke making me let a sigh out of my mouth.

"Of course she did...Thank you" I muttered turning on the water and washing my face in an attempt of feeling a little better and forgetting the night before. 

Maybe she was right. Maybe there was no coming back from it, there was no turning point in this. She didn't trust me, couldn't look at me without thinking about it, and definitely, she couldn't love me the same way as before. I looked into the mirror, my eyes had dark circles around them, showing how much I needed to sleep and rest, but my body wouldn't collaborate on that.

"Look I just need to get these samples sent and I can keep my tests from here" I sighed handing a test tube to one of the guys in my lab "Just that.." 

"Of course" he nodded his head before turning his back on me and walking out of the room.

I turned away to the digital board, focusing on the formulas written down and trying to clear my mind off things. I hadn't seen Shuri all day, she hadn't come to lunch and she wasn't in her lab like she always was when things got hard. 

"Hey sexy" I heard a cheerful voice coming from right behind me making me turn to it.

"Riri" I sighed feeling a smile form on my lips and walking towards her wrapping my arms around her body "What are you doing here?"

"I had a feeling you may need me" she frowned her eyebrows making me laugh.

"Well...It's all a fucking mess" I sighed running my hand over my hair.

"Let's go...Let me pay you a coffee" she shrugged her shoulders with a smirk on her lips.

"Oh shit...That's nasty" she tilted her head letting the sun hit her face while I stretched my legs down on the green grass.

"No shit" I said glancing over at her "That girl is evil I'll tell you"

"She needs to get her ass beaten up" Riri chuckled making me laugh "I still don't get why..."

"Riri no..." I shook my head "It would only make everything worse" I sighed looking down as my finger played around with the grass "Does she know you're here?" I looked up at her.

"Yeah...I'm having dinner with her later" she carefully said as I felt my chest burning.

There was a time when we did everything together. The three of us. I remembered the day after Shuri kissed me for the first time, we went out to try some local food. My stomach twirled a little as the images of her smirking at me and kissing my head flooded my mind, reminding me how everything was so much easier then, even tho it felt complicated. There were no doubts now how much in love we were. 

"It seems like I don't even know her anymore..." I said looking back up at her "Like total strangers"

"Well...you're not strangers..." she shrugged her shoulders as a smirk formed on her lips.

"It would be so much easy if she wasn't so good looking" I chuckled letting my head fall back.

"What???" she raised her eyebrows letting a chuckle escape from her lips "That's what you're thinking about?!"

"I'm kidding!" I shook my head "But I do have to admit...She's looking better day by day..."

"You're a fucking pervert" Riri giggled gently slapping my arm.

Riri and I stayed outside for a couple of hours, we decided to watch the sunset together, as I felt finally a little relaxed for the first time ever since I had gotten to Wakanda. She told me how Melissa had just bought her own bookstore, and how excited she was about starting her own business, I could see Riri's eyes sparking with pride of her girlfriend. 

"I'm thinking about....you know...the next level" Riri smirked as I noticed her eyes getting a little nervous.

"What???" I raised both my eyebrows.

"Yup..I mean..We've been together for years...It's only logical right?" she tilted her head as I pressed my lips together feeling my chest burst with happiness.

"Jezzz! That's awesome!!!" I yelled jumping on top of her while she tried to escape from it while laughing.

"I'm sorry to interrupt" Shuri's voice startled me as I instantly looked up finding her standing in front of us, her hands in her pockets and her eyes focused on us.

"Hey girl" Riri smiled getting up to greet her.

"Hi" I mumbled feeling my smile fading away "I've been looking for you all day"

"Riri, wanna get going?" Shuri glanced over at her completely ignoring me. 

"ahm...sure" Riri muttered carefully looking down at me.

"You don't have to ignore me" I raised my voice as she finally looked down at me.

"If I wanted to talk to you I would have already" her voice was cold, and empty, causing my spine to shiver.

"Well... you don't have to be a bitch" I spat finally getting up feeling the anger building up in me.

"And you don't have to be a whore" she muttered as I frowned my eyebrows at her taking a step closer to her.

"Hey guys" Riri stopped me glancing at us "Let's just take a deep breath" 

"Fucking idiot" I mumbled turning my back to grab my things.

"Oh, now you hurt me" Shuri answered ironically making me quickly turn to her.

"What's your fucking problem?!" I raised my voice leaning my body to her.

"You are" she chuckled tilting her head with a smirk on her lips.

"Shuri c'mon" Riri sighed resting her hand on her chest to push her away "Let's go" she said starting to walk and pulling Shuri with her as she didn't take her eyes off me "I'll see you later Y/N"