The next session

-Steve's POV-

I was back in the library. This time I was reading and on the verge of tears.

I was reading 5 feet apart and I was probably about to cry before Sodapop barged inside. I quickly threw my book down and cleared my throat.

"Oh! Hey there, Soda!" Oddly, my voice cracked a bit. "Hey Steve!" He pulled up a chair and sat down across from me like last time.

He did the same as last time except for this time he didn't immediately get started. Instead, he just stayed silent.

"So ummm...not trying to sound weird but what grade are you in?" He asked rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm a junior." I replied. "Oo cool! I'm a sophomore!" He replied happily. "Well that's cool." I replied still reading. "You remind of me of my brother, Ponyboy. He reads a bunch." He said pointing at my book.

What is up with these weird ass names?!?! Just name your kid Rob or Thomas or something that's normal! (Can you see the reference?)

"Okay that's cool." I say, still reading. He finally began working on his homework. Every couple of minutes he would ask for help. I was almost done with the book and again on the verge of tears. I closed my eyes and a tear flowed down my cheek.

"Are you alright?" I looked up and saw Soda was staring up at me. His eyes were wide with worry.

Why did I need to cry now?!?!? I'm literally in front of another person! Fuck my life!

"Yeah I'm fine! Just my book is sad." I said quickly wiping the tears from my eyes. "Well, what book are ya readin?" He said trying to take a look. "Five feet apart! Both characters have cystic fibrosis and it's a real tear jerker." I said putting the book down.  "What cystic fibrosis?" He asked me.

His parents went to medical school! Yet they can't teach their son about things like that?!?!?

"Something that affects your lungs." I wanted to say more but I didn't wanna sound like a stalker. "Hmm. Didn't know that. Is it a good book?" He asked. "Yeah I mean, I've gotta be honest I'm a sucker for romance novels." I was grinning like an absolute fool.

Why am I sharing this kind of info with him?!?! Two and Dally don't even know I like these kinds of novels!

"Well that's cu-cool! That's cool!!" His face went red. Was he about to say it was cute? "Well, you wanna try reading it?" I offered him my book. "Oh no! I can't sit still long enough for a movie! I'll never end up reading it!" He pushed the book away from him. "Well, what books do you like?" I asked him.

He turned away from my face and after a brief moment looked back at me.

"I'm gonna be honest with you, I haven't picked up a reading book since seventh grade!" He chuckled a bit. "Seriously?!?!? Books are amazing! How could you not like reading?" I asked him still impressed with how he hadn't picked up a book in over three years! "Well I find them boring! I've never read a good book in my life!" He told me.

Now personally as a book lover I am offended. Normally I would be glaring at him. But for some odd reason, I wasn't.

"Well you need to read some of my book recommendations. I'll give you a good book choice! Harry Potter! The best novel series ever!" He smiled when I went on about the sorcerers stone. "Well it sounds like a cool book! Maybe I'll steal it from my brothers room." We continued to chat about everything!

We talked about our favorite food, sports, favorite singers, everything! I even found out that we both like chocolate cake! Now that was a plus! I was so absorbed in conversation that I didn't realize that I was supposed to have been home an hour ago! I only did realize when I checked my watch.

"Holy shit! I'm so sorry but I have gotta go!" I scrambled to grab my things. "Oh yeah me too!" He started to pack up his things. "Anyway, I guess I'll see you in the halls!" I said tossing on my bag. "Yeah! I'll see you later Steve!" Soda said exiting the library. I don't know why but I became sad when he left.

I can't be in love! I just can't!