This Stupid Holiday

Start from the beginning

Gifford turned back to eat, and saw Penelope smiling at him. "What?" He asked.

Well, maybe you did just get asked out–"

"No!" Gifford cut her off, now annoyed with Valentine's Day too. "We are friends, is it a crime for a boy, and girl to be friends?"

"I just want Venom to steal me chocolate." Dorothy sighed, giving Venom a little pat on the base of the teacup.

"We'll get you chocolate Dorothy." Maryrose said.

"Great!" She exclaimed. "I wonder if Venom likes cherry filled chocolates? It will remind it of blood."

Once again, they all stared at Dorothy.

Harry spent his afternoon in the dorm studying. Jasper was now tutoring Anthony, and Maryrose was hanging out with Marlene, and Emmaline in Ravenclaw tower, along with Gifford, and Quinn. Jonathan was hanging out with a couple of other Ravenclaw boys, and Marty was getting chocolate with Dorothy, and Penelope, so Harry thought it would be the perfect opportunity to study as the dorm would be empty.

He went through his notes on each subject, making corrections here and there, and made notes of what he was still having trouble remembering. He also looked over the new content they got that week, making note of that, trying to memorise it the best he could.

There was a knock at the door, and Harry looked up. The boys usually didn't knock so he assumed it must have been one of the prefects. "Come in." He called.

The door opened, and it wasn't one of the prefects, it was Penelope. "Hi."

"Oh, hello." Harry said, putting all his notes in a pile so there was somewhere Penelope could sit. "I thought you were chocolate hunting?"

Penelope came over, and sat beside him. "We were, but then Venom scared a student, and they hexed it, making Dorothy go livid, and...long story short, Dorothy got detention, but Marty is still getting her chocolates. I wanted to study, and since you study a lot, I thought we could together."

Harry nodded, trying to picture the scene Penelope described. He ended up with a very angry Dorothy screaming spells at a very frightened older kid. He hoped the student was okay, everyone knew you should not anger Dorothy, and touching Venom was one of the ways you could. "Yeah, we can study. I am just looking over Herbology though, and I know you're really good at that."

"It's okay." Penelope said. "I could always review it." She looked over his shoulder at the textbook, but noticed the pile of notes on Herbology in his hands. She marvelled at the pages, and pages he had written up. "You have a lot of notes."

Harry flushed. "Yeah, just so I remember."

"How is muggle school going?"

Harry looked up, a bit panicked, but relaxed when he realised she must have been referring to how it was going with teaching the others. "Pretty good." He said. "The twins sometimes get confused with certain concepts." They all did, but Jonathan the most.

"I have noticed." Penelope said. "Apparently I have very nice blonde matter."

Harry laughed. "Ummm...hair?"

Penelope nodded. "They got the spirit."

"Well they are right, you have very nice hair." Harry said.

"Thanks." Penelope said. "You have very nice eyes."

"Really?" Harry asked, surprised. "They are almost black. It's like my iris, and pupil mesh together."

"Black is a very nice colour."

"Shade." Harry corrected.

Penelope chuckled. "So technical."